Sundown Audio

What would cause this?

AlpineNut

I have repaired alot of amps and this one kinda looks like it has been under water or something but the outside shows no sign of it, so what could this be?  Since I know amp boards never look like this unless there is something amiss.  This is the Kicker KX350.4 that went bad due to a bad battery or atleast  I thought so.

szd0cw.jpg

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

11 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

In the first post's pics, are you referring to the discoloration in the thick solder leads on the circuit board?  That is likely just flux.  Is that amp working OK?

No it quit working 2 weeks ago for no reason, I took the amp apart and noticed that top pic, but even Kicker said the board should never of looked like that and the board is 13+ yrs old, the other 2 pics show problems with resistors. 

The one resistor on the 1st pic the 3rd one in looks like a bad soldier job and is also loose.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

3 minutes ago, slowfkncar said:

The white haze does look like moisture damage of some sort, some zx's & kx's are notorious for leaking caps and the remote terminal falling out. They aren't locked in, just held on by 4 pegs and some solder.

When I showed that to Kicker on FB messenger they were shocked at how bad the board looked, and that would explain alot, but thankfully I got a different one to replace it.

Word of advice never buy a amp from a auction that the box looks like shit in, even if the amp looks new it might have problems like this one did, and ya waste $$!

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

9 hours ago, AlpineNut said:

When I showed that to Kicker on FB messenger they were shocked at how bad the board looked, and that would explain alot, but thankfully I got a different one to replace it.

Word of advice never buy a amp from a auction that the box looks like shit in, even if the amp looks new it might have problems like this one did, and ya waste $$!

Sucks, atleast it wasn't for your personal vehicle right? I hope not lol

10 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

Sucks, atleast it wasn't for your personal vehicle right? I hope not lol

It was for my personal vehicle, I sold my Alpine MRP-F240 to my best friend for his 1st yr Anniversary because his wife wanted something in her car,  But I got a American Bass PH4100 FR which is alot smaller an gives more options.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Archived