Ultracaps vs lithiums

I know theres no versus threads but this isnt about brands

I have talked to a few loud guys i know with daily setups and they have told me not to bother with lithium or batteries just go all caps, the benefit being your voltage sits higher.  now this particular piece of information came from a guy doing 165 with 4 15s walled in a daily setup, which i would say is pretty loud....

has anyone else tried both caps vs lithiums and how do you feel about them?

I have also heard for lithums it helps alot to have a charger that has a lithium settting, otherwise the lithiums are not being charged to full potential...

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

I've tried every combo and it really depends on your end goal....burp? All caps...demo/30sec avg type metering? Caps AND lithium... the ONLY way to demo with caps only is to have a shit ton of caps and DECENT alt amperage available....anyone who' says otherwise isn't using them or is giving half ass 1/2 volume demos....I have 690 amps of alt on tap (400ish at idle) 6 banks/3000 fareds of maxwell blue caps and 40ah of JB lithium in the back and hold 14.2 while reving and mid 13s at idle demoing...power is 2 sundown Scv6000s and I demo until the wheels fall off ?

XdlnPDy.jpg

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

right he told me i shuld do all caps with 3 370 amp large case gm alts  i have 1110 amps on charging side for the 4 dd m5s

realistically at idle maybe like 600, the 370s bench at 390 to 410, actually sending my ecm in soon to get a custom tune to raise idle a bit

I dunno he had like 4 banks lithium n was gettn rid of them all and going all caps, with 2 dd z2c/4 9915esp

actually got 3 of my amps from him last year

I have a mixture of caps/lithium/agms, im thinking of pulling the agms due to the low resting voltage on agm batteries-compared to lithium and ultracap resting volts

wish i could find somone to make me a bus bar for 3 banks caps/ 2.7 volts

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Drop the agms....best thing I did with the caps and lithium...my lithium naturally floats at 13.3-13.5 but will so the Agm was dragging it down when sitting....jims machine workz makes and ones you want...don't know why my pic isn't showing up? But have the 6 bank ones and have an 8 bank set I'm throwing in soon to have 12 banks total....go by Hot alt amperage,my DC power 370xp clamps 450ish when ice cold but only about 380ish when piping hot...once you start beating on it the alt amperage starts going down so stick with hot alt ratings and you'll be gold  ?

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

I have heard that before about the agms, I think I will pull them out when i get more caps...

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

Archived