Sundown Audio

Crescendo encore 4.5k tuning help

Mack187Murder

IMG_20180603_103503.jpg

So this amp isn't much help..gives you two numbers. A high and a low. With no digits in between so alot of guesswork is involved.

I'm.new to this..will.be setting my amps gain with a multimeter. 

But having a hard time with the other settings.

My box is vented  tuned to 27hz. I want to be able to play down to 20. So is that where I would set.the subsonic filter.at 20 correct?

Also I'd set my loepass filter to 80hz correct to play everything under 80hz. 

The picture I took is where I guessed without having the middle.numbers that all the dials should be set at. Need.a second set of eyes tho

You might want to invest a little bling into some audio tools as you will likely use them relatively frequently.

You can use a mic like the following along with your iphone or android and a pink noise track to fine tune your crossovers.

https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-iMM-6-Calibrated-Measurement/dp/B00ADR2B84/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1528048011&sr=8-4&keywords=rta+microphone#customerReviews

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

...just know that ultimately it will be you that you need to please so you might just fiddle with it until it sounds how you like it.  Everybody's ears are different and have differing expectations from their gear.  In SQ competition you will be trying to please the judge, in SPL you will be trying to please the SPL meter...neither of which represent you as the listener.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Also, with high and low passes.... its not really up to what you want. Its what your gear can handle, .. you may want to play 11hz all day, but gear will do what it does my sp4s smashed down low all day, and I was tuned at 32,.  You at 27, i dont even see why you would run a high pass/infasonic. I wouldn't. Or, never did/have. Low pass, I was around 50. Some like it higher. Kinda a "choice" thing and what your enclosure/gear likes, and is happy with again. 

Don't got.money for an oscilloscope  right now or in the near future  as I've been off work 2 months and probly have another.month off before my rig fires up.

My objective here isn't for my ears.

My enclosure is tuned to 27hz. So it will play down to 20hz. That's my first objective.

My second objective is to not clip my amp.or burn my.voice coils. Which I can set pretty close with a dmm.( Not as good with an oscilloscope.i know but it's what I have )

What I'm really trying to out is  the increments on each dial. They only give.one number for a low. And one number for a high. Which leaves a fairly large margin of error when setting a dial.

Archived