Sundown Audio

Crescendo encore 4.5k tuning help

Mack187Murder

Still.......my biggest question........Wondering if anyone has an answer for. how do I figure out the increments on a the dials of this amp. Which isshown in the original picture.

When theres only.a high and low number given. And no increments or marks between

You can take the value on the farthest counterclockwise turn and the value on the clockwise endpoint, calculate the middle point and mark the middle point on the amp, basically at the 12:00 position.  Continue dividing the circle similarly and you will get approximations. of the values at that point.  The marks are just approximations anyway.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

You don’t figure it out, because those numbers are useless because no two potentiometers are the same. The SMD Tool amp is in my signature. Try to find someone close to you and see if you guys can meet up so you’re not wasting your money risking your equipment with guesswork. 

Put same meter on output. Play whatever tone your looking for. 60hz, whatever, dial nob down, when voltage pieces out, theres kinda 60hz. Amp probably has a 12db slope, so figure a little lower than that, is kinda true 60hz. 

Very good. And lastly.

Trying to hook these RCA cables up. But there no plus minus or red black on the amp. Just the same colour white with the letters A under one and B under the other. 

I'm assuming A is plus and B is negative?

So I tried the dmm.method

Made sure all.db we're set.to 0. No bass boost etc

Turned my head unit volume to 75%

(Max is 35 so 75% of 35 is 26)

Unplugged.my.positive.speaker.wire.from the amp

Had a 40-60hz sinewave on repeat

4500watt amp at 1ohm 

Then took the square root.of 4500 to get my.voltage which was 67

Set my.dmm.to ac voltage

Hooked.it.up to the speaker.terminals. instantly.showed like. 2.7 for voltage

Turned up.my.gain on amp till it hit 67 at its peak

(On the amp to hit 67 voltage my gain is up 3/4 or 75% on the dial

Hooked everything back up an played a track. Didn't get my head unit volume past 14 and my truck sounded like it was gonna fall apart. I couldn't even hear.my mid range .

So I turned.my gain down.on my sub amp to 1/3 and cranked my head unit up.to 32. Shit sounded wicked. Bass was tight. Mid range was clear. Shit pounded..

So what the fuck.did I do wrong the first.time.

My.dmm.is worth a grand

This is what it read when i turned the gain up to my.desired voltage

IMG_20180604_154234.jpg

But something was extremely.wrong

Archived