Sundown Audio

Crescendo encore 4.5k tuning help

Mack187Murder

Why would you need an oscillator? The 75% rule is pointless, as well as setting with a DMM, because you don’t know where the HU’s or amp’s distortion/clipping points are at.  Like I said in my previous post, find someone using the SMD tool map linked in my signature close by to you and see if you can meet with them for their DD-1 or oscope and get it done the proper way instead of the guessing way

5 minutes ago, reedal said:

Why would you need an oscillator? The 75% rule is pointless, as well as setting with a DMM, because you don’t know where the HU’s or amp’s distortion/clipping points are at.  Like I said in my previous post, find someone using the SMD tool map linked in my signature close by to you and see if you can meet with them for their DD-1 or oscope and get it done the proper way instead of the guessing way

I live 14 hours from the American border.  

38 minutes ago, JungleSlut said:

Screenshot_20180604_164335.png

Can I use this to set.my amps? Instead of paying 500 bucks for a dd1?

Or will a car audio place tune my.amps.using an dd1 tool?

That IS the DD-1...and $36 for shipping! f that!

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

1 hour ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

That IS the DD-1...and $36 for shipping! f that!

Oh snap. Thought I seen one for like 400 or 500 somewhere. . I'll do some research..maybe I can snag one. Gonna have to spend 80 to 100 bucks to get some goof to tune it at a car audio store. Might as well drop another 100 so I always have a tool on me

IMO, they cost too much for what they do, but if you are wanting to get the most out of your system and are going to be changing stuff out frequently (which often seems to be the case) they may be a good value.  You can also offer tuning services to your friends and neighbors and maybe get some of your money back.  The DD-1 and an OM-1 might make good sense for you.

https://www.audiofanaticz.com/smd-tools/smd-distortion-detector-dd-1

and the OM-1

https://www.audiofanaticz.com/smd-meters/smd-output-meter-smd-om-1

Neither will help you much in adjusting crossovers but I would say that using your ears and patiently trying different settings may be the best way for you.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Just broke down and bought it from Amazon from skyhighcar audio. 240 cad. Delivered. Express shipping. This will.be good. Can set.it up the way I want. Never have to.worry. 

Already sank 10k into this damn truck over 5 years. What's another 240?

Wife's gonna cut.my.balls off

Good investment choice :) then you can have your username added to the tool map if you’re willing and maybe someone local to you can slide a few bucks your way when they need their gains set properly

Archived