3 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Oh I thought you said you were charging in the 15s

If it goes into the 15s, it won't hurt anything. I have all the proper load resistors in place. The designer/builder of this Alternator knows his Shit.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changed the plugs and wires today. Nice Improvement.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Local Meca event this weekend.

Hmmm, another 77.5. Can’t complain, but I was hoping for a little better. Sammy is not “bias” in any way, he’ A SPL guy. I trust him. I just want more judges opinions.

So next weekend, I will be traveling to Montgomery Al for a triple point event where there should be more than one judge. This should tell me what I need to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I definitely found out a few things at this show. 

You HAVE to attend a 4x event to qualify for Finals, no matter how many points you acquire. The closest 4x event to me is over 600 miles away and I’m on call that weekend. Oh well, better luck next year. 

I have a issue with my component set that needs my immediate attention before my next event. Not going to say what this problem is over the internet, but I can assure you, it will be fixed before MS state finals. Actually, this will be addressed before the next 1x event coming up this Sunday. 

The biggest problem I have is I NEED to get this thing RTA’d and Eq’d out before MS state finals ... not sure if I want to stay 2 way and run Street again or bump up to a 3 way and run Moddex next year ... decisions, decisions ... LOL 

13 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Tuned in brother. Keep working at it!

I know you’re a busy man, but I Really wish you could attend MECA World Finals in October. 

Getting demos from competition vehicles would give you Plenty if insight on your ride. Even if you don’t enter your car, the judges have no problems answering your questions when you are around a competition vehicle. 

Most people never really realize what power, dynamics, and clarity is all about until they get a demo from a world champion vehicle. If you decide to go and I don’t Qualify, I will show up and introduce you to several people and get you a demo in a lot of Sound Quality Vehicles. 

Say the word brother ...

4 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

I know you’re a busy man, but I Really wish you could attend MECA World Finals in October. 

Getting demos from competition vehicles would give you Plenty if insight on your ride. Even if you don’t enter your car, the judges have no problems answering your questions when you are around a competition vehicle. 

Most people never really realize what power, dynamics, and clarity is all about until they get a demo from a world champion vehicle. If you decide to go and I don’t Qualify, I will show up and introduce you to several people and get you a demo in a lot of Sound Quality Vehicles. 

Say the word brother ...

Maybe in two more years when i retire. Thats usually my last month of work trying to wrap up a project or get it into winter shut down mode.  Definitely on my to do list. What if i was building a award winning system now.... Hmmm anything could happen! lol 

A lot of changes made on the Helix for tomorrow's MECA 1x event.

Tweeters were to one judge a little too bright, that's been toned down. He will judge it again tomorrow.

EQ not flat anymore ... only complaint I've had so far was some harshness around 4k. Hopefully that's EQ'd out.

Mids have been changed to 6db slope close to the tweets and 24 db to better match the sub which has had a lot of time moved ...

We shall see ...

Archived