These are the Amplifiers that will be run in this Vehicle (I have a pair) ... http://linearpower.com/LP2150.html

The only difference with MY amplifiers is mine are Prototypes so some specs may be different as listed. Also, modifications have been done since being built.

gallery_5_7_118890.jpg

Small footprint Amplifier(s) will fit nicely under the seats of this vehicle. This is not the actual placement, just thinking how sexy those "plum crazy" purple amplifiers look in this vehicle !!!

Can't wait to start running wires !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, White Lightning said:

Hmmm ... No metal to cut to install subs, Nice !!!

gallery_5_7_69365.jpg

Been a LONG time since I've ran a large cone area sub bass driver ... possibilities are endless here !!!

Ideas have been rushing through my head with this vehicle. Now you see why I've been wanting an Avalanche !!!

The stock layout is like that? Huge access to the bed area fromthe cabin? Thats fkn sweet for a blow thru lol

20 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

The stock layout is like that? Huge access to the bed area fromthe cabin? Thats fkn sweet for a blow thru lol

Absolutely

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

15 hours ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

If you are aiming at SQ, you should leave your stock airbox in there.  A fancy and expensive cone filter will only make more noise and do nothing to help performance.

I’m not 100% sure if I will compete with this vehicle. However, I plan to design and build this vehicle as if it’s going to park directly next to Mark Eldridge.

With that being said, according to MECA rules, vehicles are judged with windows up, doors closed, and engines off. They only crank up vehicles to make sure that there is no engine noise within the Audio system of any kind. Mark competes with a fully functional NASCAR. It’s Loud. And no matter what I say at the start of my threads, I always sooner or later “cat back” all of my vehicles. 

My apologies I wasn’t clear the first time I quoted this post. Again, thanks for posting !!!

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:57 PM, White Lightning said:

Just got the text, My wiring harness is in !!! Plans (if everything I posted earlier comes in on time) are to install my head unit next Saturday.

med_gallery_5_7_59050.jpgmed_gallery_5_7_142351.jpg

Just waiting on my Rear Camera from Kenwood ... We can install it later if need be, but I really hope it gets hare before Saturday.

Ah yes. Nice and Stealthy !!!

gallery_5_7_57625.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, White Lightning said:

Hmmm ... No metal to cut to install subs, Nice !!!

gallery_5_7_69365.jpg

Been a LONG time since I've ran a large cone area sub bass driver ... possibilities are endless here !!!

Ideas have been rushing through my head with this vehicle. Now you see why I've been wanting an Avalanche !!!

Ok all of you crazy ass Bass Heads ... Think I'm gonna do something I've never done with any of my vehicles !!!

Looks like I have plenty of room for a single 18" driver in this beast !!! Hoping to tune around 36 htz and stay on Class A/B power !!!

Please keep in mind that I'm going musical here so I have people running numbers for me to see if we can make this happen !!!

I'm fucking stoked with this idea and pray it works !!! We will know more this weekend.

I know. Crazy right ??? really ??? and 18" driver ???

what kinda 18? i know this is old news and doesnt apply much anymore but if ur going 18 make sure its got a good motor on it. id think something like 10s or 12s may be easier to get a tight sound out of? i dunno much about sq.  ive never ran anything smaller then 15s and nothing smaller then 18s for the last few years heh

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

6 hours ago, Masterbasser said:

what kinda 18? i know this is old news and doesnt apply much anymore but if ur going 18 make sure its got a good motor on it. id think something like 10s or 12s may be easier to get a tight sound out of? i dunno much about sq.  ive never ran anything smaller then 15s and nothing smaller then 18s for the last few years heh

I’m not sure at this time what driver will be used brother. I’m just getting started with the planning stages. Most likely will be a custom built driver to my specific specifications. I can tell you this ... it will be powerful, dynamic, “dead on balls” tonally acurate, and will be on very stable Class AB power at 8 ohms.

Large format (15s and 18s) are without a doubt no stranger to Sound Quality built systems. And I can tell you why ... if you want true dynamic lower end frequency response, the best thing to remember is “Cone Area is King” always has, and always will be. 

OK, test fitting everything and giving her a spin with none other than the AMAZING Samantha Fish !!!

gallery_5_7_42487.jpg

OK, got my work done and the final touches to the head unit and everything work great !!! Even my steering wheel controls !!!

gallery_5_7_69701.jpg

Sweet and Simple !!!

Archived