13 hours ago, Wicks said:

Nice!  Love the excitement!

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Love those purple LP's.  Those definitely need to be shown off.

1f44c.png

Just got them back from Linear Power for updates and upgrades.

12 hours ago, DTS909 said:

My buddy had 2003 I did a little cheap system in. Easy to work in. Got the bed covers stolen, forgot to lock them.

The earlier year Avalanche is a good looking truck.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine was delivering a vehicle to the local junkyard Friday and found something for me ... A State Trooper Tahoe. 

Said under the hood was untouched !!! Should be plenty of fun parts for me under that hood !!!

He told Mr. Dixon (same guy the found the Dually fenders for my GMT400) that I was interested with it and he said no one will touch it until after I get what I need. Wish me luck !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, Masterbasser said:

my buddys got 1, any plans for the build?

he fit a 6.5 and a 8 in each door without much modification

Here's a list of what I plan to have in this vehicle.

Please keep in mind that any of this can change if it does not make my test and tune goals, get advice from Judges to help improve Stage and Image, or I just don't like it.

Front Stage (Dash & Doors): Linear Power 2 way passive 6.5" driver & Tweeter. http://linearpower.com/LP6.5C.html

6.5" drivers in the factory locations of the Front Doors with the Tweeters mounted on the A-Pillars. Powered by a Linear Power 2150. http://linearpower.com/LP2150.html

Rear Fill (Doors): Stock. Will be upgraded according to test and tune.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:53 AM, Masterbasser said:

what kinda 18? i know this is old news and doesnt apply much anymore but if ur going 18 make sure its got a good motor on it. id think something like 10s or 12s may be easier to get a tight sound out of? i dunno much about sq.  ive never ran anything smaller then 15s and nothing smaller then 18s for the last few years heh

Think I'm going to give this a try. The Brutal Sounds Big Brute 15" driver. http://brutalsounds.net/product-category/subwoofers/15-inch-subwoofers/

Heard a pair the other day and was really impressed. I knew who built the enclosure so I knew it was mathematically correct. Unfortunately, I wasn't as impressed with the Amplifier but I believe I can make some real improvements with my Amplifier. The Linear Power 2150 http://linearpower.com/LP2150.html

Actually, the man had me a driver ready to go. Guess he wasn't taking no for an answer ... LOL

gallery_5_7_33486.jpg

gallery_5_7_73045.jpg

Should be fairly easy to tune and give me that "little something extra" I'm looking for !!!

Brutal Sounds just sent me the specs on this driver so I can start running numbers !!!

I know what's coming ... That's not enough Amplifier for this driver. Trust me, I'm positive that this amplifier will have no problems operating this driver.

Hey Randal, any reason you prefer passive components over active? Im interested to hear your take. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

1 hour ago, WalledSonic said:

Hey Randal, any reason you prefer passive components over active? Im interested to hear your take. 

According to the measuring tape, the distance frrom the door driver and the A-Pilar driver is so close that it will reach the listener’s ear at the same time. 

With that being said, there’s no need to time align separately. So why waste amplifier power running things separately when you don’t have to ??

Running anything larger than a 2 way setup would be different and would  require atl least 2 Amplifiers. Honestly, I don’t see a need for this at this time for this application. 

Running this setup as planned should keep me in the lower classes in competition. Hoping this will give me a chance to “get back into the swing of things” ... LOL

Think about it this way. My tweeters play down to 2600 htz, and my 6.5” drivers play basically full range down to 70 htz. 

If I run active on this setup, it will require 2 amplifiers. Basically 4 channels of amplification. When you do this, you only use half of the amplifier’s frequency  capabilities. Waste of precious power as far as I’m concerned. I can get just as much power out of one amplifier using it up to it’s full potential. And WAY less potential electronic failure or tuning mistakes. 

Set your system up using a measuring tape, tune using angles, set phase, power that bitch up and enjoy. Simple cause it’s all up to time alignment and equalization from there. Hope this helps answer your question Sir. Thanks for posting !!!

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:32 PM, White Lightning said:

Ordered my Dash Pad, Console Head Unit mounting Kit, the "all bells and Whistles" wiring harness kit for my Kenwood dnx9980hd head unit, and a back up camera (from Kenwood).

FINALLY !!! My Dash Pad is here !!!

gallery_5_7_30594.jpg

gallery_5_7_4878.jpg

It should only take a couple days to settle, but MAN, this thing makes my dash look SOOO Sweet !!!

Actually makes the stock tweeters sound better ...

4 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Nice pad!!! How much difference did the HU make the stock speakers sound? 

Much more controllable and easier to tune. 

Set the low pass on all four doors at 70 htz which made things cleaner and with a lot less distortion. Also able to cut power on the rear doors by 50 percent which made the front a lot more pronounced. The Kenwood has somewhat of a processor so I set it to where it thinks the drivers are on the dash. Now it actually has somewhat of a Stage and image (Much more distinct with the Dash Pad) and was able to establish a strong center. Fairly Impressive actually. 

But like I said earlier, I still don’t like those Bose Tweeters. They will get replaced soon !!!

You may already know, but if you add to/upgrade the ground to the main battery, it will need to go through the current sensor in order to not get random voltage spikes and dips. Chevy started doing that sensor in ‘04 I think. I’m unsure how that will affect adding the secondary under hood battery though. If you do a frame ground on the secondary, I think it might be fine, but if you ground to the other battery (and I’m pretty sure any other ground coming off of that battery) then it will need to pass through the sensor. It’s been a while since I’ve discussed that sensor with anyone, so it’s kind of a fuzzy subject. Hope it helps :) wish I could hear at least one of your vehicles one day

Archived