7 hours ago, reedal said:

You may already know, but if you add to/upgrade the ground to the main battery, it will need to go through the current sensor in order to not get random voltage spikes and dips. Chevy started doing that sensor in ‘04 I think. I’m unsure how that will affect adding the secondary under hood battery though. If you do a frame ground on the secondary, I think it might be fine, but if you ground to the other battery (and I’m pretty sure any other ground coming off of that battery) then it will need to pass through the sensor. It’s been a while since I’ve discussed that sensor with anyone, so it’s kind of a fuzzy subject. Hope it helps :) wish I could hear at least one of your vehicles one day

I think this is what you are referring to ...

gallery_5_7_6903.jpg

I had no idea this was there. Thank you !!!

I'm sure I can work around it, just have to check with a mechanic friend on this. I'm sure that State Trooper car has one too.

Hoping to get back over there next week. Been working my ass off this week an hadn't had time to do shit ... It happens ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

19 hours ago, White Lightning said:

Much more controllable and easier to tune. 

Set the low pass on all four doors at 70 htz which made things cleaner and with a lot less distortion. Also able to cut power on the rear doors by 50 percent which made the front a lot more pronounced. The Kenwood has somewhat of a processor so I set it to where it thinks the drivers are on the dash. Now it actually has somewhat of a Stage and image (Much more distinct with the Dash Pad) and was able to establish a strong center. Fairly Impressive actually. 

But like I said earlier, I still don’t like those Bose Tweeters. They will get replaced soon !!!

Nice... I will be in the market for a good HU for the Malibu. Current Kenwood is a lower model double din with little tuning features.

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

Nice... I will be in the market for a good HU for the Malibu. Current Kenwood is a lower model double din with little tuning features.

Love my dnx9980hd.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

7 hours ago, White Lightning said:

I think this is what you are referring to ...

gallery_5_7_6903.jpg

I had no idea this was there. Thank you !!!

I'm sure I can work around it, just have to check with a mechanic friend on this. I'm sure that State Trooper car has one too.

Hoping to get back over there next week. Been working my ass off this week an hadn't had time to do shit ... It happens ...

If you leave this attached to at least 1 ground cable, you'll be fine.  If you want consistent charging, you can simply unplug it and the system will charge at 13.8V instead of swinging with the PCM control. 

I chose to leave it unplugged and am currently running a self-exciting alternator that always charges around 14.5V.  The worst part is a battery light on the dash, which wont even void an inspection. As long as you're aware its there, you can tend to it if you get tired of the voltage swings or battery lights.  Feel free to PM me if you have more questions, although I'm sure your buddy will give you all the info you need, sir.  

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

I’m running prototype amplifiers which I hope will never pull more than 60 amps. So this State Trooper car electrical upgrade should be all I ever need. My fuses (under the hood and at the distribution block) will be 60 amp fuses. I have to watch these amplifiers closely because they don’t have protection circuits and will do exactly what they are told to do if you know what I mean ... LOL

Guys, I really appreciate the info on this. 

I wish I had that information when I had my Cobalt! That would explain the weird voltage fluctuations I could never figure out. I even replaced the ECU to troubleshoot that POS....

Randy, those amps are pretty slick! Are you planning on running higher voltages in that truck to squeeze more power out of them and add some more protection to your system? I'm assuming you're watching them since they are not regulated power supplies.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Nah, they do better than rated at 12.6v. Going 14.4v would be too much sugar for a dime. Maybe later. 

One amp will run stereo and one will run mono at 4 ohms. I’m sure people will be surprised to see those two little amplifiers making all that power ... LOL

Brutal Sounds said I do not have enough amplifier for that driver. I simply don’t think they’ve ever seen a Linear Power amplifier in action ... LOL, It’s all good !!!

I'm assuming that high af dampening factor has something to do with the perceived power output of those amps? Or are they just severely underrated? 

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

And then some ... 

i posted the specs on these amplifiers somewhere on this thread. I’m on my shitty phone so I can’t post a link. 

6 minutes ago, Hellbilly429 said:

I'm assuming that high af dampening factor has something to do with the perceived power output of those amps? Or are they just severely underrated? 

Its as you said earlier, unregulated power supply.  More voltage = more power.  5dB headroom at 'rated power' means crazy dynamic capability.  BigDWiz has a good amp test video of an LP.  Also, read the user manual for one of their amps on their website.  Its not your average user manual.  Tons of great information.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived