• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Audio-Concepts said:

Thanks buddy...there may be an amp upgrade in the future....just depends how my appearance upgrades go.

I’m keeping mine simple. A small pair of 2 channels.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

On 11/27/2018 at 6:43 PM, White Lightning said:

Working with a couple of mixed drinks, a measuring tape, a couple of test dummies, and some VERY well recorded music ...

I have completely reset the angles of the tweeters.

Both were raised up over the hump of the dash and repositioned more on Axis.

Not necessarily directly to the driver, more like the driver's side tweeter to the passenger's ear and the passenger's tweeter to the driver's ear.

gallery_5_7_11312.jpg

gallery_5_7_45328.jpg

Amazing difference !!! The stage and Image is VERY pronounce !!! Deep onto the hood and beyond the vehicle's side mirrors where everything should be !!!

I had a question if raising the tweeters would create any separation between the tweets and door mid drivers, but I have not heard anything anywhere close to separation.

Thank God this is not the case with my application.

After the new year when I get time, Plans are to remove the A-Pillars and have them fiber glassed.

Hopefully after that, I can get back to work on the doors for proper treatment. For now, I simply just don't have time to work on my Avalanche.

Awesome R. Way awesome. I had questions also, if separating the drivers would help or hurt, or what. IE- run the mid range and tweet, higher (dash or pillar,.. lets say)  than the mid bass in the door. Good ish man..... 

I like things simple, effective, and stealthy. The  two main goals for stage and image your trying to achieve is (1) a seamless transaction between driver frequencies and (2) distance to the listener ear. I try to keep all drivers exactly the same distance to the listener ear with a measuring tape as humanly possible. This simplies time alignment. Like I always say, it’s best to do more with less. “Too much” can be uncomfortable at times and “not enough” ... well, we all know it simply just doesn’t get the job done. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Tweeters look good. Put my tweets on the side mirror plastic access. Used the Hertz mounting pods. Used my homemade car radio boombox and several CD's to get the right spot. When you post I'm all ears. 

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

1 hour ago, DTS909 said:

Tweeters look good. Put my tweets on the side mirror plastic access. Used the Hertz mounting pods. Used my homemade car radio boombox and several CD's to get the right spot. When you post I'm all ears. 

Thank you Sir. I’m always willing to help out where I can.

Only “take away” with imaging drivers in the door sails is the center seems to be too “in your face” for me, but the width can be intoxicating. I’d be sure to install a dash mat to control bouncing frequencies while tuning. I’m watching you all’s build logs !!!

7 hours ago, White Lightning said:

I’m keeping mine simple. A small pair of 2 channels.

I'm either gonna go 2 2ch and stay passive or go 4ch 2ch active.  Looking at the Tru Technology Tungsten TG2 and TG4 amps.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

On 12/10/2018 at 3:20 PM, Audio-Concepts said:

I'm either gonna go 2 2ch and stay passive or go 4ch 2ch active.  Looking at the Tru Technology Tungsten TG2 and TG4 amps.

Tru Technologies ... haven’t heard that brand in a while. I’m watching your build log to see what you decide brother. 

Mad soon as my A-Pilar’s are done, gonna be hitting up my stereo shop friends for some deadner for my doors. May do some metal bracing while the doors are apart. Wish I could find someone that could cut me some actual steel trim rings for my drivers. 

On 12/10/2018 at 1:20 PM, Audio-Concepts said:

I thought of picking a few of those up just to have  they are all over ebay

For this project, my amplifier shopping is done.

Archived