• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

Seen the amp dyno and that amp puts up great numbers. 

Yes Sir, She’s impressive. Guess it’s back to work on the Amplifier Rack ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 2 weeks later...

Small update. Now that I have the Brutal Sounds 2K installed, went back to fully 2 way Active. This system is not far from being done !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Honestly, there’s not much difference active or passive to me. But I love the fact of having a left and right amplifier for maximum left and right separation.  

The Brutal Sounds 2K is an impressive amplifier for sure. Running it seeing 4 ohms makes it nice not to have to run high fuses. Keep in mind, I have no interest in SPL at all. Straight musical setup. Make no mistake, I beat the shit out of it !!! But musical ...

1 hour ago, White Lightning said:

Honestly, there’s not much difference active or passive to me. But I love the fact of having a left and right amplifier for maximum left and right separation.  

The Brutal Sounds 2K is an impressive amplifier for sure. Running it seeing 4 ohms makes it nice not to have to run high fuses. Keep in mind, I have no interest in SPL at all. Straight musical setup. Make no mistake, I beat the shit out of it !!! But musical ...

I bet that left and right separation sound amazing. Your sub selection has me thinking about a different driver for my sub stage but that would mean building  a different box and i don't think i could put a larger enclosure in the malibu trunk so it would have to be a driver w/ spec that suit a smaller box. Malibu sounds amazing w/ all that deadening in there. Not sure if you have followed lately.

11 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

I bet that left and right separation sound amazing. Your sub selection has me thinking about a different driver for my sub stage but that would mean building  a different box and i don't think i could put a larger enclosure in the malibu trunk so it would have to be a driver w/ spec that suit a smaller box. Malibu sounds amazing w/ all that deadening in there. Not sure if you have followed lately.

Yes Sir I have. Very nice work Sir. 

We are going with a pair of Brutal Sounds 10a on a Brutal Sounds 2k in his Chevy Cruze Hatch. I’m very impressed with their performance and reasonable pricing.

3 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Yes Sir I have. Very nice work Sir. 

We are going with a pair of Brutal Sounds 10a on a Brutal Sounds 2k in his Chevy Cruze Hatch. I’m very impressed with their performance and reasonable pricing.

Have you considered going infinite baffle with that car ?? I would in a heartbeat ... Just Saying 

18 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Lol, meant to quote you on my last post.

31 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Have you considered going infinite baffle with that car ?? I would in a heartbeat ... Just Saying 

Tuned in.... tell me more how to go about it. With the deadening job i did it might be a perfect candidate but i have never looked into to much. Thought about in the lancer.  

Archived