I hated like hell taking my A-Pilars apart, but I kinda figured they were temporary anyways ...

Installing a 4" driver or a 5.25" driver, tweeters would need to be moved.

So This is where I think they should be ... Keep in mind there will be no final product until the mid range drivers are installed ...

My apologies for the night pics, my time is very limited and I have no shop to work on my shit ...

gallery_5_7_46596.jpg

gallery_5_7_33589.jpg

According to my tired measuring tape, they don't look it, but are level across the vehicle ... If not, I have a spare set of A-Pilars on the shelf.

Tweeters are connected to the A-Pilars, not the Sail Panels ... My little problem with the Stage Width is definitely a thing of the past now ...

I think, but I am not positive, that this might be able to Stay in MECA Street class ...

I will Find out Saturday at the local Bass Wars Event. Both Mississippi qualified judges should be there promoting their favorite Bass Head vehicles !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

This shit is driving me bat shit crazy. Do I go with a 4” driver and keep the 6.5” driver in the door ???

... or do I go with a 5.25” driver with an 8” driver in the door ???

Either way the A-Pilar setup will be passive with the door active ...

All I have to work with is a pair of 2 channel amplifiers which should have no problems going either way ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

20 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

This shit is driving me bat shit crazy. Do I go with a 4” driver and keep the 6.5” driver in the door ???

... or do I go with a 5.25” driver with an 8” driver in the door ???

Either way the A-Pilar setup will be passive with the door active ...

All I have to work with is a pair of 2 channel amplifiers which should have no problems going either way ...

Well, i know i wish i had the room for 5.25" & 8" drivers in the Malibu. Which is why i am going 4" & 6.5".  So don't be the guy that wishes he had bigger. LOL  And i like the 8" mid-bass in the Lancer.

56 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Well, i know i wish i had the room for 5.25" & 8" drivers in the Malibu. Which is why i am going 4" & 6.5".  So don't be the guy that wishes he had bigger. LOL  And i like the 8" mid-bass in the Lancer.

Bigger huh ... My life story. lol 

29 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Now. Ahem if it was me, I'd do the 4" up top and 8 in the door

I’m kinda scared of those 8” drivers. My stage width is straight across and I don’t want to jeopardize that. They would have to be toned down something crazy. 

I’m almost dead set on the 5.25” drivers. Been studying the Moddex rules like crazy and think I can build pods that will work. I truly love the sound of both 4” and 5.25” drivers.

27 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

I dont think it would have that big of an impact other than more midbass. 

When it comes to points, you would be surprised ... those drivers are very dynamic 

I don't know guys ... The more I "dial in" my tweeters in their new locations with the door drivers, The more I like stage presence with out going to a three way setup ...

Think I'm going to dress up my A-Pillars and finish out the MECA season. Make my decisions to upgrade then ...

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:59 AM, BP1Fanatic said:

Did you sell the F150 for rims?

No Sir. Still got it.

gallery_5_7_25198.jpg

Archived