Decision made with my front stage ... Going to stay with a 2 way Active. Finally have my tweeters where I want them.

gallery_5_7_15598.jpggallery_5_7_9002.jpg

Stage width out to the edges of the mirrors, no "rainbow Effect", on the Pink Floyd "The Wall" track 10 (I Think) you can hear the girl walk and talk all the way across the stage and into the back room on the left side of the stage ... Absolutely AWESOME to have that kind of "Attention to Detail" in the music !!!

They are not "On or Off Axis. but more angles "dead on balls accurate" by a lazer point to the rear interior light of the vehicle.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Decision made with my front stage ... Going to stay with a 2 way Active. Finally have my tweeters where I want them.

gallery_5_7_15598.jpggallery_5_7_9002.jpg

Stage width out to the edges of the mirrors, no "rainbow Effect", on the Pink Floyd "The Wall" track 10 (I Think) you can hear the girl walk and talk all the way across the stage and into the back room on the left side of the stage ... Absolutely AWESOME to have that kind of "Attention to Detail" in the music !!!

They are not "On or Off Axis. but more angles "dead on balls accurate" by a lazer point to the rear interior light of the vehicle.

What class is this for?

8 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

What class is this for?

MECA Street. I'm going to notch out the pillars so the cups can sink in about 1/4 on an inch just to be safe using hot glue or something. if everything works good, it's going to get vinal work.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

13 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

MECA Street. I'm going to notch out the pillars so the cups can sink in about 1/4 on an inch just to be safe using hot glue or something. if everything works good, it's going to get vinal work.

I thought street had to be near stock location and couldn't protrude more than 1"

1 minute ago, ToNasty said:

I thought street had to be near stock location and couldn't protrude more than 1"

I've competed Street all year, and this design is or will be less than 2 inches (got the rules pulled up on the other tab) ...

recessing the end caps may put them a little more angled towards the listeners ear, but that will be OK too ...

2 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Man i bet that sounds amazing! Would love a demo!

Thank you Sir !!!

That's not the only changes being made. Just got my incentive to take the enclosure out and retro it for it's new ... ???

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, White Lightning said:

I’m not sure at this time what driver will be used brother. I’m just getting started with the planning stages. Most likely will be a custom built driver to my specific specifications. I can tell you this ... it will be powerful, dynamic, “dead on balls” tonally acurate, and will be on very stable Class AB power at 8 ohms.

OK Guys !!! I told you I wanted an 18" driver in my Avalanche, And My Man Mike Mastin came through for me and custom built what I've been looking for ... Thank You OverKill Electric Co !!!

gallery_5_7_7949.jpg

gallery_5_7_47371.jpg

Custom built 18" driver built to my Sound Quality specs !!! Should swap out easily into my "oversized for my 15" driver" built enclosure ... There will be an 18" driver in my Avalanche before next year's MECA competition Sound Quality season !!!

Archived