I've been looking for something to replace my Ford F150. Honestly folks, Its a Money Pit. Can't build the system for having to stop and fix shit.

So while I was going through a small town towing a big truck to it's owner, Something For Sale caught my eye and I had to have it !!!

Here it is Folks !!! A 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche !!! I've always wanted one !!!

gallery_5_7_82563.jpg

gallery_5_7_3096.jpg

I know, Not a "all bells and whistles" ride, but well suitable for what I want. Honestly, the only thing I want to add on the exterior is a bad ass set of 20" wheels and tires.

I could have got a new truck, but they don't make an Avalanche any more and I did not want to pay those High ass notes. I paid cash for this one !!!

For now, she rides and drives like a dream and that black on black theme is SOOOOO Sexy !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, this vehicle is a blank canvas waiting for Audio / Video upgrades !!!

Completely Stock under the hood.

gallery_5_7_18194.jpg

Should have no problems dressing up stock wires, upgrade to a pair of batteries, and a VERY Stealthy Sound Quality style wiring setup under the hood.

Thinking while I'm working under the hood, See if I can throw in a Cold Air System upgrade. This is going to be fun !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

my buddys got 1, any plans for the build?

he fit a 6.5 and a 8 in each door without much modification

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

1 minute ago, Masterbasser said:

my buddys got 1, any plans for the build?

he fit a 6.5 and a 8 in each door without much modification

Thank you for posting Sir. I have no plans to put Audio in this vehicle

There will be one of these going in each door. http://linearpower.com/LP8.0.html

3 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

If you are aiming at SQ, you should leave your stock airbox in there.  A fancy and expensive cone filter will only make more noise and do nothing to help performance.

Ain't my first rodeo building a Sound Quality system brother. I got this. Thanks for posting.

Interior is MINT !!!

gallery_5_7_113373.jpg

Ordered my Dash Pad, Console Head Unit mounting Kit, the "all bells and Whistles" wiring harness kit for my Kenwood dnx9980hd head unit, and a back up camera (from Kenwood).

Once all that's installed, then we will start on wiring and speaker placement options. One thing I can say about the current stock setup is those Bose Tweeters SUCK !!! LOL

Hmmm ... No metal to cut to install subs, Nice !!!

gallery_5_7_69365.jpg

Been a LONG time since I've ran a large cone area sub bass driver ... possibilities are endless here !!!

Ideas have been rushing through my head with this vehicle. Now you see why I've been wanting an Avalanche !!!

Well, I guess you know what type of Amplifiers I will be running in this vehicle ...

Did you forget what I run ??? here's a clue. I know I've been gone awhile ... LOL

gallery_5_7_95879.jpg

Just got the text, My wiring harness is in !!! Plans (if everything I posted earlier comes in on time) are to install my head unit next Saturday.

Archived