Second Skin Audio

Slot ported enclosure help

Grandy

I have to skar evl 12s going in a Mitsubishi Montero SUV looking for help designing a box my Dimensions available are 36 wide 18 deep the variable is the height I was thinking of running right side single slot port single chamber I built a box 37 - 25-15 with a 6in wide 13½ tall 36 long and it was very disappointing so I want to start over but I don't want to make the same mistake again is there anyone that can help me I was thinking Subs up Port up but I'm not sure if that's the best route any help would be appreciated

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

I have to skar evl 12s going in a Mitsubishi Montero SUV looking for help designing a box my Dimensions available are 36 wide 18 deep the variable is the height I was thinking of running right side single slot port single chamber I built a box 37 - 25-15 with a 6in wide 13½ tall 36 long and it was very disappointing so I want to start over but I don't want to make the same mistake again is there anyone that can help me I was thinking Subs up Port up but I'm not sure if that's the best route any help would be appreciated

The box you made was 37x25x15 with a 6.5" port? That's damn near big enough for two Sundown X12's. Tuned to 33hz lol. I can design you a box that will work well with that sub.

I was thinking you said 1 skar evl. My mistake. I think I miscalculated my numbers as well. I'll post box specs soon...

edit, my mistake. i fat fingered a number. you were tuned to 50 hz wih 1.8 cuf net not counting sub displacement.

lets just ignore this part lol

if you built a box with those dimension i dont know how you got you tuning below 100hz. that 81sq inch of port area. you only had 2.4cuft before port displacement. you would need a 60" long port to tune to 35hz and the port would have to be external and would be 4cuft by itself,

Thanks everyone I haven't been on here in a while I haven't had much support on here in the past but thank you for your help I'll try the box disign and let you know how it turns out..

36x18x18

Port 15.75x3.25x26

Sub up and double top baffle

.30 sub displacement .15 bracing and 45's. .45 total displacement.

51.19 in² Port area 13.03 per ft

5.44 gross 3.98 net @32.35hz

Was the port on the back and subs up that's what I see correct me if I'm wrong

On 6/12/2018 at 10:35 PM, DiBo said:

36x18x18

Port 15.75x3.25x26

Sub up and double top baffle

.30 sub displacement .15 bracing and 45's. .45 total displacement.

51.19 in² Port area 13.03 per ft

5.44 gross 3.98 net @32.35hz

I appreciate your help but not sure how the port lays out a little more explanation appreciated thanks

4 hours ago, Grandy said:

I appreciate your help but not sure how the port lays out a little more explanation appreciated thanks

The subs face upward and the port faces the rear of the vehicle... I'll see if I can post a pic of an example. 

Ok I thought that's what you meant but didn't want to screw it up thanks

Archived