Headunit wont turn on anymore

P99rs. I was hooking up the headunit and checking for volume max clean signal with DD-1+ 62/62 ?. Then i wanted to hook up my mosconi as200.2 and my 8in door speakers. So i disconnected the whole negative battery distribution terminal. Set everything up and wired up ready to go....went to crank the car up and nothing. Things came on for a second or two then it all shut off. Realized the whole negative terminal was still disconected!!!! I hooked it back up and now the headunit doesnt respond at all and i felt the pac RP4-ch11 module and it was pretty hot, is that normal?Checked the fuses on the pac harness and the fuses on the 99rs harness, all good. But the headunit wont come on anymore. What should i start with to eliminate promblems to narrow it down.

i used my dmm and checked the harness plug that goes into the headunit and its getting 14 volts when cars on, same with the harness that plugs into the pac module. 

I was thinking maybe it was some wrong wiring i did within the harnesses but it worked everytime before i tried to start the car without the negative connected. Did that cause some kind of shut down? No fuses blew on the harnesses. 

62 no distortion 

F2B9BC33-D617-4710-8730-D81617F9A9FA.thumb.jpeg.07a5739a9fee057c9f93e7dc0ea3552b.jpeg

I was 10 mins away from actually hearing the L8SE midbass!!! Fuck! I was so excited lol Smh all i had to do was put the speaker wire into the speaker but i wanted to make sure the amp and headunit turned on, thats when i jumped the gun and cranked it before connecting the negative battery terminal.

99613663-5358-4A12-A450-40DFAD323079.thumb.jpeg.3a9da9175f65d4d32c00f74e690733dd.jpeg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Skullz said:

Try bench testing it to see if it powers up that way, and go from there.

Ok, u mean test the headunit to see if it powers up at all. Good idea. Prolly have to take it to a shop and have them bench it. I dont anything to bench test equipment. And i would need another headunit harness too because my harness isnt remoavable unless i pull out the seats and carpet again.

What i mean is to make your connections at a bench to test for power and function of the unit to ensure it is operating properly, the only thing extra you need are the plugs to connect it with.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

yep try hookin it up to a car battery or maybe even a 9 volt battery see if it works

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Archived