Sundown Audio

2400W for $199? New Budget Amp King? Wolfram C-2400.1D Prototype on the Amp Dyno!

AlpineNut

22 minutes ago, tdsa23 said:

Have anyone used any of their other amps and have a review of them?

I have the W-4500.1.  Best amp and most powerful amp I’ve ever owned hands down ? 

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

On 6/21/2018 at 8:01 PM, tdsa23 said:

Have anyone used any of their other amps and have a review of them?

Jake is running 4 of the 4500s in his blazer. In the team chat, he says hes really really diggin em. I see more and more going to em lately also. 

I see a lot of good about these amps... I was looking at either 2 of the 2400s or one 4500 for my zv3 15. anyone know the longevity of these amps? how reliable they are for a daily system?

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

42 minutes ago, Kraken said:

I see a lot of good about these amps... I was looking at either 2 of the 2400s or one 4500 for my zv3 15. anyone know the longevity of these amps? how reliable they are for a daily system?

I think that's the million dollar question. They are fairly new. So, hard to know the life span. I do think, they are based off proven boards from the past tho, which is a good thing. Time will tell I suppose. Time will tell how they last, and, how the service is from the company if/when issues arise. But, so far, from the people that are currently running them, the talk is good. I know that don't help much, but, there are some people I do respect and trust, and when they talk, I take it to heart/listen. 

16 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

I think that's the million dollar question. They are fairly new. So, hard to know the life span. I do think, they are based off proven boards from the past tho, which is a good thing. Time will tell I suppose. Time will tell how they last, and, how the service is from the company if/when issues arise. But, so far, from the people that are currently running them, the talk is good. I know that don't help much, but, there are some people I do respect and trust, and when they talk, I take it to heart/listen. 

Yeah. Im going between getting a 2nd sundown 1500, or at this point, a single 2400.. I know the sundown amps are proven, and ive had mine for 2 years at half ohm with zero issue, but that price tag kinda sucks

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

So how do you run these on 14v say if you put two batteries in the rear XS Power D1400 14V?  I have always just ran a 12v system.  

On 6/25/2018 at 11:18 AM, Kraken said:

Yeah. Im going between getting a 2nd sundown 1500, or at this point, a single 2400.. I know the sundown amps are proven, and ive had mine for 2 years at half ohm with zero issue, but that price tag kinda sucks

You gonna run both to that one sub?

Archived