80 PRS SD card not able to play FLAC???

On my daily drive I use bluetooth and spotify for ease of use but when I want to play some decaf I download off the zips or from djrussticals, and all of those appear on my SD card (I have usb ran from behind deck to the cabin if I ever wanted to switch.)

However, when I ripped the dd-1s tuning cd to FLAC and put it on my sd card the deck refuses to open the folder. It is visible "D-1" but it doesn't allow you to click it like any other folder. Is this something that a software update would fix or should I just switch all of my decaf to usb so I can use FLACs for tuning?

Damn thats a real shame. I just re-ripped it to mp3 320 and tuned it from the sd card. The files im playing are mp3s anyways so probably good enough for a daily.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

Off topic, but i gotta ask lol. When u plug ur phone into the usb, does the 80prs automatically switch u to Pandora radio?? I cant figure out how to stop mine from doing that. 

I have never plugged in my phone via usb but I can try. I use spotify for everything so I'm not sure if I will have the same issue. 

Just learned out that Androids are not capable of using pandora at all with the 80 prs... so I can't test it unless I find someone with an iphone 

But my guess is a setting somewhere in the head unit is making it auto switch or the application is running causing it to auto switch 

The manual had this to say on page 9 upper right corner "Set the application for Pandora to off when you select an iPod as the source. The source may be switched to Pandora automatically if hte application is on."

How do you normally listen to music when not using pandora? @06RTCharger

Ill go read thru that page9. I also forgot to check on a advanced menu or something someone mentioned to me on another thread, ill have to find that too. Maybe thats where i can turn applications off. I used to strictly use pandora for a few years. But now i canceld my subscription and strictly use apple music. Then just yesturday i subscribed to Tidal for some high quality song files. 

Something worth trying, if you never use Pandora, is to just uninstall the app. Could stop the issue from happening? 

Archived