Skar RP150.4AB Question

Just reducing the variables here.  BCBrassard asked the next logical step, your amp gains being set.

You stated that you had check RCAs, did you do this by switching to a different set?  Are your RCA cables shielded?

If a power cable is run through your car alongside unshielded RCAs the power cable can induce noise into the RCAs.  This would most likely show up with the hiss changing with  volume changes but could perhaps not. The next step would be the amp grounds...make sure they are clean...and at least as girthy as the positive going in the amp. 4g in should have atleast 4 ga out, for example.  The connection needs to be tight and corrosion-free.  I am guessing you have done 'the big three' too,  check those connections for corrosion...just to eliminate potentials.

With the HU at 0 volume, check again to hear if amplifier gain change alters the hiss volume.  Eliminating variables...

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Check to see if it the hiss is out of the coaxials or the components or both...fade back and front.

I might blame the amp, but you said you are on the second one and both had the hiss.  Perhaps the x-over for the components is having troubles?  It is hard to know without the car being in front of us.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

I got KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex RCAs and they are routed on the opposite side of power wires (I learned this when I did my first sound system haha)

The Big 3 is 0 gauge Soundqubed 0gauge, both amps have 4 gauge power wire bot hOFC, and 4 gauge ground wires connected to the 2+2 fused blocked with a 0gauge wire connected to the car for ground. 

Volume level and gain level does not effect the hiss no matter what. Once the amp has power and is on, and a speaker is connected, the hiss is there. The hiss comes from all 4 corners, and its a lot louder from the rear coaxials compared to the front components (which i notice the hiss from the midrange and tweeter)

Honestly guys, I believe its the amp itself causing it. Some internal parts somewhere like a noise filter or something is doing it. So I think its normal for this amp and I have to deal with it until I get a different type of amp.

2015 Scion tC

DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3

Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB

7 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

Have u tried hooking up another speaker to that amp just to isolate the issue being at the amp. Because if u disconect rcas and its still hissing that means the headunit is not even connected to it in anyway, so the headunit doesnt matter.

I do have stock speakers I can try hooking up, but yes the headunit does not matter. When I test another speaker I'll come back here

Edited by krazz619

2015 Scion tC

DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3

Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB

• 1 year later...

I have same amp running a set of spx65c rn ans no noise have it all ran with certified basshead rcas splitters and a illestaudio rca splitter box. Sometimes when i get my rca and converter box close to power lines ill get a intwrference but i have my amp deck set up to keep things a little spread apart. Also i am running 1/0 guage into ground and power of skar rp 150 with 4gauge adapters

Edited by Basshead199789