Little advice on amp power wiring

So im about to install the biggest amps ive ever owned- dd m4 and a s4b. The m4 requires 2 0 gauge power cables a the s4b 1 4 gauge. I was planning on using a SMD anl fuse block at the battery and run the 2 0 gauge cables to a non fused distribution block at the amps and also run the 4 gauge to one of the terminals for the s4b, bad/good idea? 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well add another battery or three out back or more and use that as a distribution point.

With that much power you will certainly need more alt power and capacity to maintain voltage.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

If you are gong to be running those amps I would highly recommend having fuses near them, the DD M4 has no fuses built in where the S4B does.

http://ddaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/M3c-M4b-M5-Owners-Manual_0.pdf

http://ddaudio.com/product-archive/series/product/s4b/

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

So fuses near the amp and battery or just near the amp? I was planning on running the biggest XS or Optima battery with a 300amp alternator, will that be enough? Just to be clear im not competing just doing a loud daily driver

Depending on what subs you use and how you set them up, those two amps combined are approaching 5kw.  You will likely need an additional battery.  You could run two 2/0 from the front battery to the secondary battery (probably in back) and you will want 4 fuses total...1 for each 2/0 out of the front battery and an additional fuse each going into the second battery.  From the secondary battery, run two 2/0 to a 4 way fused distro block, 2 fuses for the M4 and 1 for the 4 channel and the other for whatever or empty.

It aint going to be cheap but those amps are serious stuff and you dont want to skimp.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

No.  A capacitor ain't going to cut it.  A bank of them, maybe.  That m4 is 5000w RMS and is going to need around 500 amps at full potential.  The 4 channel will need another 100+ amps, give or take.  Those little crapicators you see on the market, mislabeled as 20 farad or whatever...all bullshit..they aren't going to do crap to help you.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Using XS Power's chart, you can get an idea of what you are going to need...

https://4xspower.com/support/wattage-chart/

You are going to have about 6000 watts RMS on tap with those two amps...and you need to consider what your car needs for driving too; lights, A/C etc...

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

I use a d3400 in the rear on a Mechman 240 and I'm only running a DC 2k (200A) and a P600x4 (<100A)... so i'd say get the extra battery / bank of caps

Archived