Sonic Electronix

system issues scratching my head at what happened

Driving home playing my system like normal and then a loud pop sound then system sounds all  messed up. Pulled over to diagnose problem and now both sub amps in protect. And tweeter amp in protect. Mids amp is still playing fine.

System is pioneer 80prs active

Spl cartel bass knob (for subs)

Sbc cockbox in 4 out (for sub amps)
2 Sb acoustics dome tweeters on skar sk 85.4
4 silver flute 8s on mmats sq4108
2 dc audio 5ks each @.9 on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s 
Have had same system for 2 years no problems except for subs our a couple months old.
Did my hu take a crap is that my problem?

Did i blow subs or speakers?
Also now sounds like pico fuse is blown

What the hell happened to cause this?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Check all your RCA connections.  I had a very similar thing occur when my RCAs slipped out of position from my bass knob.  The connection was intermittent, so it would 'pop' the amp, and then go protect.  Hope you figure it out man.  Also consider unplugging your RCAs from your amp and testing AC voltage on your RCAs to see if the values fluctuate erratically.  Play a test tone while doing this.

Best of luck sir.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

As walled said and u guessed more than likely an rca came loose somewhere and shorted causes the pico fuse in your headunit to pop. You can test the amps individually using a headphone jack to rca adapter. They have them most places that sell electronics. Just use your phone to play some music. That will eliminate the amps as the issue. Dont 4get to check the cockbox too for any shorts.

Pulled over to diagnose the problem.

First turned on and off sytem same thing. Both 5ks in protect and 85.4 in protect.

Then went home and turned off car and switched out spl cartel knob with lc-1 same issue

Then turned off car and unplugged sub rcas from cockbox

85.4 no more protect and mmats amp no protect playing fine. Both 5ks in protect.

Then turned off truck again and pluged back sub rcas into cockbox everything came on fine no protect.

Turned up volume to 41 boom both 5ks in protect and 85.4 in protect.

Turned off system Unpluged sub rcas from cock box. turned everything back on crazy static and no music at all.

Let car sit for 30 mins with sub rcas unplugged and mids and highs playing fine again. 5ks still in protect (weird as hell)

Turned of system removed 2 tm quad terminals from bottom old5k. Turned sysyem back on mids and highs fine even all the way up. Both 5ks in protect.

Turned off system removed other 2 tm quad terminals on new 5k. 1 set screws loose on each one. ( maybe they arched something which caused all of this???)

Mids and highs fine even full volume both 5ks no protect.

Retightened all set screws installed quad termials in top 5k. Turned everything back on volume 0 no protect on anything.

Installed other quad termianls on old 5k with system off. Turned back on no protect even max volume.

Reinstalled sub rcas into cockbox with system off. Turned system back on no protect lights everything plays fine even full tilt. Subs not as loud as they where ??????.

Did i blow a sub?

Why was my system making crazy sounds?

Would sub speaker termianls grounding out cause all of this?

Do i have a bad or going bad hu?

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Do you have a 2ndary battery or extra ones?  I had my 2ndary battery causing my amps to go into protect and once that was removed my amps turned on without a problem.

If so try removing them from the lines and see what happens.  Like just remove the positive wires, make sure to protect them and see what happens.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Check output voltage from RCAs with a 30-40hz test tone, should be around 6V for that deck. If that is fine, check output voltage from amp sub outs with subs unplugged. Calculation for figuring out watts from voltage is in this article: https://knowledge.sonicelectronix.com/car-audio-and-video/car-amplifiers/how-to-adjust-amplifier-gains-using-a-digital-multi-meter/

Have you pulled the subs to make sure wires are still in the terminals and not touching each other (not sure if you're running direct leads)?

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

I had a similar issue in my girlfriend's car, and it came down to I cooked some internals in the amp because 1 side of the rca's grounded out (don't let your girlfriend store stuff around the amplifier....) Eventually the amp would not come out of protect mode, and I had to replace it.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Amps our all fine no protect. Will have to pull subs to meter them when i get a chance. Will meter the sub rcas to see what the voltage is on them.

I know its not the bass knob tried both same results

Alpine as i said above nothing is in protect anymore just not as loud. Praying it isnt my 5ks. Hopefully just the hu. Which then would change to another active capable hu

Use your DMM and get values.  Like Hellbilly and I both mentioned above.  

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived