Power Bastards 250 amp Alternator

So, I have a 2005 Nissan Altima running a Sundown SAZ 2500 at 1 ohm to a single 12"  RE Audio XXX. Big 3 done with 1/0 with a XS power D3400. Mentioned to the girl friend that I needed a highout put alternator and unbeknownst to me, she suprised me with a power bastards 250a. I was very reluctant on installing this thing because the return policy is so strict (no returns on items that have been installed). So, i installed it and it preforms worse than the stock alt. It is only charging at 14.2 -14.3 (stock alt was charging at 14.51). It is also causing my battery light to come on when a heavy note hits (stock alt did not do this). Voltage is dropping into the low 11's on heavy notes as well. My questions are... has anybody on here delt Power Bastards?  If so, how was your experiance? And has anybody had to return an alt to them?

Just as an FYI, I have been speaking with Mike Singer and thats the route I will be going once I get this situation resolved.

Im not 100% sure but im thinkn power bastards is a cheaper ebay alt. If so alot of the time they are a rip off. Alts will fail under load or dont do anywhere near wat they are rated for. Shitty that its a voided warranty if installed. Kinda screws you. Id put the stock alt back in and save for a good alt made by a trusted proven company. Where did she purchase it? Maybe you can return it to get some money back?

The voltage set point is handled by the regulator, if its internal its possible you have the wrong or defective regulator but, also possible the alt itself is defective.

If it were me, since it can no longer be returned , i would attempt to use the original regulator and see if performance improves. 

21 minutes ago, mathewyocham said:

Im not 100% sure but im thinkn power bastards is a cheaper ebay alt. If so alot of the time they are a rip off. Alts will fail under load or dont do anywhere near wat they are rated for. Shitty that its a voided warranty if installed. Kinda screws you. Id put the stock alt back in and save for a good alt made by a trusted proven company. Where did she purchase it? Maybe you can return it to get some money back?

it was purchased directly from Power Bastards. and i have already put the stock alt back in. lol

14 minutes ago, slowfkncar said:

The voltage set point is handled by the regulator, if its internal its possible you have the wrong or defective regulator but, also possible the alt itself is defective.

If it were me, since it can no longer be returned , i would attempt to use the original regulator and see if performance improves. 

it is internally regulated. I can send it back to have it tested and sent back with a "birth certificate". But whats to stop them from just sending back a sheet of paper saying, yep 100% working, as I can see no serial numbers on this thing.

5 hours ago, lightfoot said:

it is internally regulated. I can send it back to have it tested and sent back with a "birth certificate". But whats to stop them from just sending back a sheet of paper saying, yep 100% working, as I can see no serial numbers on this thing.

If you end up getting stuck with it, you can try using the original regulator.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen that problem, hell it even happened to me with singers alt on my toyota. You should not be getting a battery light unless that alt is lose/toasted or wrong/defective regulator installed.

That kinda sucks, warranty void if installed, what kinda underhanded crap is that, you cannot use it but you can buy it and using it voids the warranty, it is amazing that company is even still in business!

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

I almost wonder if she can't make a claim with her credit card company or PayPal (not sure how she paid for it).

Sucks when the significant other tries to be helpful and purchase something for you but has no idea what they're doing.....lol.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

On 6/23/2018 at 8:37 PM, AlpineNut said:

That kinda sucks, warranty void if installed, what kinda underhanded crap is that, you cannot use it but you can buy it and using it voids the warranty, it is amazing that company is even still in business!

Oh, they will warranty it, just wont refund. 

Archived