Second Skin Audio

15" SP4 v1 Enclosure help

Just got my hands on a mint SP4 15" been running a 12" of the same sub so pretty excited to see what this thing can do with more cone area. I am putting this into a 2011 toyota corolla on an AQ3500.1 (4300rms). Max dimensions are 35wx17hx27.5d. I would like it to be smaller than that if possible but I do understand I may need to give up all of my room. If I could get some design help that would be cool. Not sure how much port area to shoot for but am pretty sure I should be shooting for around 14in sp/ft (open to suggestion), looking for some direction or some ideas if anyone has the time to help with a design that would be much appreciated.

Also, I was told going sub up port to the side i would be the loudest. I have done some experimenting and have found that port to the back passenger side does seem to carry lower notes the best... fwiw. Thanks for any help or input.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in my 03 corrolla sub up port to side was loudest as well. sealed firing forward was second but i could have sealed off better and gained i think

How about this here? Sub up

sub up 4 in port.PNG

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

haha, damnit. I was planning on 17 tall and didnt switch it up haha.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

This is a SP4-15v2 design I did for a 4500 watt amp...

Vc9WUX.jpg

Pretty much the minimum port area I'd use with the volume/tune and pretty much the same power as you've got, turned out to be around 16in2^ft3. 

I added a 1.5" dowel front to rear and some 1"x14"x.75" strips to the sides to brace but it only changed volume .034ft3 so the tuning was about the same.

IDK what you can get realistically volume wise in your space but on your power I'd look for 16in2^ft3 minimum if you're around 4ft3-4.25ish net IMO, that's a pretty capable driver... even the v1.

Nice badazz sub IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to tune lower. Worked with a buddy on design. Throwing this out to see what you guys think. Gonna start build this weekend, cant wait to hear this damn thing. Thanks for all the input so far. 

30hz.jpg

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Archived