What are you guys using for dash cams? i want something self contained with good recording time, maybe a button to save he last X amount of seconds of video. Needs Good night quality and i guess 720p minimum resolution. 

Bonus qualities would include GPS for speed monitoring but its not a deal breaker.  

I had a thread some where regarding dash cams. Got a lot of help to, chris and broke helped me a lot, among others.  I'll text ya later today on the one I run. I have several buddies that do the UBER thing, and they all run the model they suggested I get, and got. Hold tight. (I'm struggling to find my thread to,  dunno where it was)

• 4 weeks later...

Garmin.  cheapish you can get one with gps too.

had mine since ever 

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I use Thinkware F800 Pro, F770, and F100 for a total of 6 channels. I want to try Blackvue's Dashcams though. Also, Thinkware just launched the F200 or will be soon. I'd give that one a try.

Thinkware F800 Pro Night Time

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Eric, I didnt start my own,  I bumped Chris's oldy. Lol

I asked around,  got Pms from BROKE and Stephen, and  several peeps. I know many "friends/people"+ that do the UBER thing, and they ALL run this unit. That is what lead me to click buy mostly. Wish I woulda listened to the others more tbh.

I run the VANTRUE N2 pro. I paid to much, then sent Eric the link of the one I was/probably should got. I paid to much, for not having GPS/speed shit imho.

I mean it runs tits, and all that, simple install, is small foot print on the window, does like 1920 recording, wicked good night vision, auto accident/hard bump record and save, and is simple to use. Front AND back cams, which is whatever, sensor shock for recording when the Dbag or bags fuck with your shit in the parking lot, with sensitive adjust.. Damage is already done, but ya hope the fear of them seeing the camera light turn on, after the first bump, makes them go to another rig to act a fool. Then it will catch em if they move forward fucking with your shit with the very wide angles front and back. But, honestly, for what I paid, it should have the gps/speed stuffs, and, now I see cheaper ones with WiFi.  You can scope your phone and see what is going down real time. Which, I really like, and think could be awesome feature. And how this unit, does NOT come with a micro card, in the box,  that I had to purchase, blows my gord. I dig it, but there is others, cheaper that do the same, as good, and MUCH more these days. 

In the dark shot I nabbed,..for funnzies. ... (thing below is my toll pass,.. disregard)20180719_222035.thumb.jpg.ac8f8ff2b3904781f959efc4ddee3ec5.jpg

Well fuck.... i did a lil more checking, and found there is a "upgraded" camera base, for the unit, that has gps shit on it... its 21 bux. Dude, wondered why there was a MPH thing on the vids and stuff LOL. Good hell., im a dope.

Then again, why wouldnt that just come with the expensive bastard ?!?! Any way, ordered that just now, and that should cure my speed, and location stuffs.......  jesus...

Still, I really like the thought of WiFi shit. Just click a button, on my phone, and boom, the camera shows whats up.,.. just like my house cams do. Probably sends alerts to anyone around, or bumping, or movment shit. Sounds awesome to me. 

Anyway, will report back, when i get, and put on the "upgraded" base ,  .. what i think, and how i like. We shall see. 

(im just LOST as shit, (21 bux ??)  as to why, they just dont ship that fucking thing with, right off the get go,.... lost as shit. Suck out every penny i guess, which pisses me off)

Ive been looking for a dashcam too, so far the best I can figure out is the Blackvue DR900S-1CH or the Blackvue DR900S-2CH which adds a rear camera.

4k 30fps, h265 compression, gps, built in speed/location, cloud backup, impact detection, motion detection, 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi, optional hardwire kit, optional battery backup kit, comes with a 16gb card (can support a 128gb card but dont buy it with the camera because you can get it cheaper elsewhere).

From everything Ive read and watched if buying a dashcam  the Blackvue DR900s-1/2CH is what to get.

Watch the side by side comparison video for quality vs other dashcams that get shit all over.

Archived