Favorite song to tune system with?

06RTCharger

I was wondering what is your favorite song that you guys like to tune with. Besides pink noise or something like that lol. 

Also maybe give one song for each style of listening. Like a song for rock, another for hiphop, another for jazz and whatever else style there is.

if theres a thread like this already, sorry. I couldnt find one on this forum. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It feels like everyone is waiting for me to post on this ... LOL

Two Disc first come to mind are "Must have" for Sound Quality test and tune ...

1. Chesky Records - The Ultimate Demonstration Disc

2. Focal Demonstration Disc - Primarily the second Disc.

Two Disc you will ALWAYS find in my Library ...

1. The Eagles - The Very best of (2 disc set)

2. Pink Floyd - The Wall (2 disc set)

If your Really devoted to building a Sound Quality system, I encourage you compete in a few competitions.

Not to win, loose, or draw ... but to get advice from educated judges to help with test and tune. They can help you get what may be lacking or overpowering in your system.

I've never went to competition to beat someone, but more to further educate my skills and learn what I need to be listening to ...

Always, Always, I can't express this enough ... Please have an open mind when getting judged. Even if it's not what you want to hear. You will learn something that day.

Keep in mind that with a true Sound Quality setup, you can play what ever you want.

But when you get your ears in tune with your system, you will notice flaws in recordings in most music and will refuse to play them in your vehicle.

Man I can go on and on with this subject. Please ask and I will try my best to help.

Randal aka White Lightning

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I agree with Randal. Songs with lots of instrumentals in it. I like everything but country and techno type music. Randal was right on with the experience part. Every system i built i learned from. Mostly from the small simple builds. My Lancer gets loud as hell, But the Malibu is really clean and clear sounding. Two difference set ups and what  i learned is a small car has different acoustics than a larger car.

I have followed your builds and you have installed everything so nicely that your tuning should be easier but critical to its performance of what your goals are. 

1 hour ago, White Lightning said:

It feels like everyone is waiting for me to post on this ... LOL

Two Disc first come to mind are "Must have" for Sound Quality test and tune ...

1. Chesky Records - The Ultimate Demonstration Disc

2. Focal Demonstration Disc - Primarily the second Disc.

Two Disc you will ALWAYS find in my Library ...

1. The Eagles - The Very best of (2 disc set)

2. Pink Floyd - The Wall (2 disc set)

If your Really devoted to building a Sound Quality system, I encourage you compete in a few competitions.

Not to win, loose, or draw ... but to get advice from educated judges to help with test and tune. They can help you get what may be lacking or overpowering in your system.

I've never went to competition to beat someone, but more to further educate my skills and learn what I need to be listening to ...

Always, Always, I can't express this enough ... Please have an open mind when getting judged. Even if it's not what you want to hear. You will learn something that day.

Keep in mind that with a true Sound Quality setup, you can play what ever you want.

But when you get your ears in tune with your system, you will notice flaws in recordings in most music and will refuse to play them in your vehicle.

Man I can go on and on with this subject. Please ask and I will try my best to help.

Randal aka White Lightning

Lmao i was hoping you would chime in. It wont be a competition vehicle, i dont think theyre are any car audio compititons here on maui. Maybe on the main island Oahu(honolulu). But if there ever are comps i would DEFINATLY like to see how it goes and see if i can place at all and learn. Ive never been one to be closed minded specially when it comes to knowledge and theories. But i will say sometimes its hard to find the knowledge if its comin from someone whos being an ass lol, thats when it get difficult. 

If my main source ill be playing music from would be my iphone(USB), that means i should use songs from my phone to tune  right? So i can download those albums off AppleMusic if its on there and mess around with it that way? Have any recommendations for iphone high quality music apps? 

Ever used a more hiphop/deep bass style song to tune? Maybe u kinna answered that with saying a true SQ setup can play anything. 

17 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

I agree with Randal. Songs with lots of instrumentals in it. I like everything but country and techno type music. Randal was right on with the experience part. Every system i built i learned from. Mostly from the small simple builds. My Lancer gets loud as hell, But the Malibu is really clean and clear sounding. Two difference set ups and what  i learned is a small car has different acoustics than a larger car.

I have followed your builds and you have installed everything so nicely that your tuning should be easier but critical to its performance of what your goals are. 

Do u have comps up there in AK? Wish maui had some. Closest we got is like rare random car shows, but thats nothing to do with stereo competing.

Do u have any specific songs u tune with in ur malibu?

There are a few car audio meets in the summer. Never really been to one due to working all the time. Maybe this year i will be able to check one out. 

Eagles "Hotel California"

Christopher Cross "Sailing"

Neil Diamond "America"

Like Randal said a quality system plays all musics well. The Lancers my shaker and the Malibu is the cruiser that i will continue to make into a SQ vehicle. Fun having two different systems.  

I like to use Godsmack's "Touche" for tuning with rock (acoustic rock anyways.)

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

I find i constantly need to keep myself in check, i own some decent shure & sennheiser in ear monitors and it always helps to have a listening session with these monitors before attempting to eq a fresh build. Sade,eagles,even incubus in lossless format seems to work for me.  

Archived