• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats nasty. Definately has me rethinking orion for wen i go bigger.

Just looked on ebay those orions can be had for 550 to 575 free shipping.

19 minutes ago, mathewyocham said:

That makes me hate our exchange rate even more! cheapest i found was $862 shipped but not including taxes ?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

So Jacob from Sundown replied on Facebook and said the SCV-3000D should do over 3000 watts at 13 volts. I struggled to get it at just over 14.6 volts. I'll see about getting another one in to try another test.

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

49 minutes ago, BigDWiz said:

So Jacob from Sundown replied on Facebook and said the SCV-3000D should do over 3000 watts at 13 volts. I struggled to get it at just over 14.6 volts. I'll see about getting another one in to try another test.

Do you think that scv was malfunctioning? Was it refurbed? I was a lil shocked at its performance honestly.

eh if 1 performs like that why not 5 or 10 or 50 or 500

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

1 hour ago, mathewyocham said:

Do you think that scv was malfunctioning? Was it refurbed? I was a lil shocked at its performance honestly.

No not refurb'ed. I borrowed it from a friend. After testing, I contacted some techs I know to ask if the results were expected. The response I was given was "yes". This is why I didn't question the results honestly. I was told this was essentially a beefed up SAZ-2500D and should do right at 3000 at 14.4...and that's what I got for the most part.

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

3 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

Thats nasty. Definately has me rethinking orion for wen i go bigger.

I bought mine off eBay too, but I don't think Orion will warranty it. I decided to take a chance, glad it survived!

What board is the Orion using? Is it a common board do other amps use a similar design? Either way looks to be one badass amplifier and I'm wondering why the next amplifier up from this one, doesn't have the same 3 power and 3 ground inputs as this one does. Still very impressive I wonder how the longevity of this amp is. Definitely thanks for the testing Big D I watch all of your videos

Archived