Trying to find a good active crossover or even a cheap DSP for a 4-way system

I can't seem to find many options avalible for what I am trying to do but I want to be able to actively set the frequency range to each of my speakers. Stereo channel for my tweeters, stereo channel for my 6.5" mids, stereo channel for my 8" mid bass, and then a mono channel for my subwoofers. DSP's are a bit too expensive for what I am trying to do and I am not interested in the EQs or timing delay as this is more of a SQL system than a SQ system. Are there any good crossovers that are 4 way that I can set custom frequency ranges for what I am trying to do? Really not trying to spend more than $200 on this thing as i've already invested quite a bit of cash in all the other equipment.

Minidsp.com

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

22 minutes ago, Hellbilly429 said:

Minidsp.com

A little over my budget but for only $75 more dollars they sell a DSP "C-DSP 6x8". Might end up getting that then. Before I buy this thing though it says it has 6 input channels meaning it will work for my system correct? Wouldn't that mean that I could only run 3 stereo signals then? Meaning i'd have to just stick to using the built in crossover on my amp for the subwoofer?

46 minutes ago, SpydreX said:

A little over my budget but for only $75 more dollars they sell a DSP "C-DSP 6x8". Might end up getting that then. Before I buy this thing though it says it has 6 input channels meaning it will work for my system correct? Wouldn't that mean that I could only run 3 stereo signals then? Meaning i'd have to just stick to using the built in crossover on my amp for the subwoofer?

I've got one, its great.  It has eight output channels so you have a channel for each of your tweets, mids, and mid-bass plus a seperate channel for your subs.  It should do exactly what you want to do. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

3 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I've got one, its great.  It has eight output channels so you have a channel for each of your tweets, mids, and mid-bass plus a seperate channel for your subs.  It should do exactly what you want to do. 

Alright thanks for letting me know, will be buying!

8 hours ago, SpydreX said:

Alright thanks for letting me know, will be buying!

On a side note, you might have better luck blending running 5.25” midrange drivers verses 6.5” drivers. A 6.5” driver is not a true midrange.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

On 7/3/2018 at 8:46 AM, White Lightning said:

On a side note, you might have better luck blending running 5.25” midrange drivers verses 6.5” drivers. A 6.5” driver is not a true midrange.

I always thought 6.5" were supossed to be optimal since 3" is too small and 8" were too big. 5.25" never even crossed my mind as they aren't as common of a size. Anyways I already made my pods and bought my speakers so I can't really go back now but thanks for the tip for in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived