Second Skin Audio

Requesting dual Sundown X8 box help

Vexser

Gentleman... yes the thing has impedance rise and that was got me lookin at .5" materials for some parts to find volume... (less than 2000 watts)

If braced well and constructed correctly... I think it will be just fine...

OfnBMN.jpg

Granted, this thing is a swiss watch but I believe it'll be fine and the added volume and port area will be worth it in the end

here it is annotated completely...

oOcSpY.jpg

Like I said... lol... swiss watch time.

Should be ok IMO

3bYGS2.jpg

Sho is pretty... imagine the cost and added strength if some lexan was used. .5" Lexan for the top and maybe second port wall, .75" Lexan for the baffle

Now that's one intricate SOB 

Huh?.. you got me confused... I'm sorry, thickness of material has NO relation to impedance rise. The enclosure as drawn if it's constructed well will do fine IMHO. 

The rise will be probably more than you think man... 2K turned into considerably less when modeled up but I still tried to account for power with more port area. All I could do turned out to be a collection of compromises with a slot. The final result should turn out pretty good IMHO.

51 minutes ago, shredder2 said:

Huh?.. you got me confused... I'm sorry, thickness of material has NO relation to impedance rise. The enclosure as drawn if it's constructed well will do fine IMHO. 

The rise will be probably more than you think man... 2K turned into considerably less when modeled up but I still tried to account for power with more port area. All I could do turned out to be a collection of compromises with a slot. The final result should turn out pretty good IMHO.

Just seems like a lot of extra bracing when ¾" material would help tremendously. Jmo. 

1 hour ago, DiBo said:

Just seems like a lot of extra bracing when ¾" material would help tremendously. Jmo. 

That's a by product of finding sufficient port area for his power along with some decent volume... it IS 2K of input on a pair of 750 watt drivers... so I did my best accommodating both and found a pretty good balance. 

Yes.. it's intricate... a swiss watch so to speak, and still a collection of compromises but should allow those X's to open up and put out better than 14in2^ft3 in 1.5ft3 net.

Tryin' to accommodate all factors made this a challenge... and I like challenges... lol

By no means a perfect solution IMO but a pretty good result I think.

And ya'... .75" all around is best, add a double baffle also, even braced as well.. but the space given along with the input power is what got me interested and lookin' at alternatives, it was definitely a project.

My bad. I was thinking box flex would cause strange impedence rises, essentially reducing the power being applied to the sub as it would change the tuning of the box slightly. Guess I should just be more worried about the acoustic power loss. Either way, box flex is bad for output.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Archived