Glock - 1 in chamber for in car holster? Will heavy bass set off trigger ? ~_~

My question is for people with over 5k RMS bass in their car. If you had a Glock in the car inside of a holster attached somewhere to your vehicle, would you have it cocked / 1 in the chamber? Is it safe with all of the bass vibrating all your car panels?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I wouldn't chamber the first, bass car or not. 

I stay aware, so I'll know if the need arises ahead of go time.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

16 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Thanks!

As a new concealed carry owner I'm debating if I should carry one in the chamber or not. My instincts tell me not to cock it but I keep reading everywhere online how 95% of CCW owners have 1 in the chamber. I'll probably have to train more before I'm ready to have 1 loaded in the chamber. Having it cocked and in a car holster mount is more comfortable for me as long as I know all that bass vibration won't set off the trigger.  As for carrying, I'm afraid of unintended discharge where it shoots my ding dong.

Welcome to SMD Forums :)

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Really wish i hadnt fucked up my record early on. All the gun shit here and on youtube makes me really really wish i could have one. Thought about trying to get it expunged but i heard it takes YEARS and a ton of work and having things perfectly aligned. Idk if i want legal guns that bad. 

If u are gonna chamber a round, atleast mount ur holster somewhere that if a round does happen to discharge its far away from anyones limbs. Rather have car damage than lose a foot/leg. 

I kinna feel maybe you shouldnt chamber it tho, being that ur new to it. If u have to ask, maybe its best to wait for ur experience to build and progress to where youre extremely comfortable with ur gun. 

Then again i have no experience to speak lol. Just my 2cents tho. 

5 hours ago, Quiet said:

famous last words.

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
2 12" Incriminator Death Penalties
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

Door panels by Diablo Kustomz

Do you put your seatbelt on right before you have an accident or when you get in the car?  Carrying on an empty chamber is not something I’m willing to take the risk of. I can’t guarantee I’m fast enough or will even remember under duress. Get a good holster and there is nothing to worry about. 

For the record. I’ve carried in my red truck without any issue. 

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

In the time it takes you to chamber that round you just became a victim.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived