Glock - 1 in chamber for in car holster? Will heavy bass set off trigger ? ~_~

• 1 year later...

I know it's older thread, but I'll comment on it. I'm an avid handgun enthusiast, as well as very knowledgeable about the Glock and pretty much all pistols function and parts and how they interact on each other 

You are perfectly safe with a bone stock Glock round chambered in heavy bass.

The Glock is not fully cocked striker when chambered (sw m&p and Springer XD/XDm are fully cocked, you just trip the striker tab when trigger pulled)

The Glock has a heavier by 2lb striker spring than trigger bar spring. Anyway, when Glock is cocked, you still have a few mm of movement when you press trigger to rear to finish cocking of striker, then the trigger bar cams of the connector and starts it's downward movement releasing the striker to strike primer. Also during this rearward movement near the front of the gun, a piece of the trigger bar has a tab on it that deactivates the auto firing pin block safety, this safety is the little round dot to the side of the striker channel. This block physically obstructs the protrusion of the striker to the hole in the breech face 

So the bass even if it done how dropped the partially cocked striker from connection to trigger bar sear, would still have to at the very same time push the plunger of the auto firing pin safety out the way. This is extremely extremely unlikely if not impossible in a mechanically sound in adultered stock Glock.

99% of all pistols have this AFPB safety (auto firing pin block) with exception of series 70 1911's and cheap ass Jennings and bryco and Jimenez pistols.

In pic,  area labeled 2 is the interaction with afpb safety. Area 3 is the sear tab and striker tab relationship. See the angled bar that is not colored in real? This is the connector that forces the downward movement if trigger bar sear out if connection to the striker tab after it's finishing being cocked by rearward trigger movement.

This are pretty heavily spring components. And I'd not worry one bit.

This all has to work in concert with each other at the same exact time to let the striker hit primer 

1 hour ago, k58.cross said:

Move outa your fucking neighborhood bro. No one should have to be that cautious. If you can afford a gun and a sound system, you an afford to go somewhere peaceful. Second, the less guns in the world the safer the world is, get rid of the bullshit.

Huh? Your lost as fuck 

Edit- get out of this thread. 

160+ won't set it off.

Oh and use a kydex holder. Leather is dumb IMO

considering buying another pistol to keep in the car so i have one at home and one with me. being in kansas we are no permit conceal carry as well. 

I carry a g29 with 9x25 Dillon conversion barrel extended 3 port. G20 mag with Pierce msg spacer and plus 2 floorplate. 17+1 of pure fucking insanity. 9x25 is a 10mm case necked to 9mm. 

Same concept as 357 sig being a 40 necked to 9mm. 357 sig is 9x22. This is 9x25. I know 3mm don't sound like much, but in case volume world it's night and day.

Carry load is 124g Underwood bonded jhp.

And these specs are from a 4" barrel not some goofy ass 7" test barrel like big box ammo makers use to post specs.

800lb of energy ain't no 'hoe. Lol

Archived