Sonic Electronix

I have 2 soundstream t5 15's in a 4th order and I was wondering if I just need one 1000/ 1 on both subs or 1 amp on each?I have 2 of the 1000/1 v1's. I CANT find any info and I could use some feed back.

Thanks 

J

Are your subs dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm?

I would run 1 JL 1000/1v1 per sub since those subs are rated 1300watts rms each.

I think the JL 1000/1v1 is only stable down to 1.5 ohms, so hopefully you have the dual 4 ohm coils, but even still Im sure if you have the dual 2 ohm subs it would be alright wiring the amp to  1ohm. Since those amps will do rated power of 1000watts rms at 1.5, 2, and 4 ohms you would be fine wiring the sub to 4ohms on each amp as well, and wouldnt lose much if any power.

21 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

Are your subs dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm?

I would run 1 JL 1000/1v1 per sub since those subs are rated 1300watts rms each.

I think the JL 1000/1v1 is only stable down to 1.5 ohms, so hopefully you have the dual 4 ohm coils, but even still Im sure if you have the dual 2 ohm subs it would be alright wiring the amp to  1ohm. Since those amps will do rated power of 1000watts rms at 1.5, 2, and 4 ohms you would be fine wiring the sub to 4ohms on each amp as well, and wouldnt lose much if any power.

They are dual 2 but they can be wired to work like you said.I was told a amp on each would melt them down but they are broken in and in the correct air space.Thanks for the comment.

16 hours ago, Jme313 said:

They are dual 2 but they can be wired to work like you said.I was told a amp on each would melt them down but they are broken in and in the correct air space.Thanks for the comment.

Im sure the reason you were told that is because nowadays soundstream is known for making cheaper products that dont hold up to abuse. Id be hesitant running 1000 to each myself. If i did the signal better be super clean. No clipping or distortion. Also pay attention for any burnt coil smells. Just know they may not last running on that power.

i had 2 t5 12s running off a t1500-1bd (birth sheet showing just over 1900 rms) in a ported box for years.  absolutely beat the piss out of em and never had any issues.  you should be fine with 1k to each.  tuned properly of course and clean signal.

Archived