Sonic Electronix

Need some help with ground loop

The car im working on is a 06 Charger RT, and the deck is a Kenwood .Purchased a Cresendo S4 amp and Cresendo 6X9's. Took it to a shop to install the amp, but after I got the car back I noticed the whine from the engine as I accelerated away. Took it right back and he started taking it apart again, even had it there the next day working on it. He gave up, tried everything he knew to try and make the sound go away. I am using the SoundQubed RCA's , he tried a different set and it didn't help. But, when you unplug the RCA's the sound goes away. Moved the amp ground to the battery negative, and back to under the back seat and made sure it was bare metal. Moved the RCA's and put on NVX Ground Loop Isolators, still the sound was there. Added a ground from the deck to under the steering column, ran new speaker wires. If I had any hair I'd have pulled it out by now. Any suggestions?

From my understanding the issue is a whine when you accelerate that you think could be from a ground loop?

The accelerating whine went away after adding the ground from the deck to under the steering column, but there is still a high pitched sound when I turn the key into ignition/start and when it's running. All I can find related to the sound is a ground loop, but none of the solutions I found were a solution to my issue.

based on what you posted either the deck or the amp is creating the noise. try a different deck or source to the amp. if noise goes away it's an issue with the deck. if the doesn't go away, try a different amp. if it goes away then the issue is with the amp. you could also try to run power and ground from the deck to the amps so they both have common power and ground points.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

This article is helpful for chasing through the issues:

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Archived