Head gasket 96 sonoma 4.3vortec

in my personal opinion the 4.3 is great. they have issues with the heater core hose going into the back of the intake corroding and rusting. they have issues with the poppit valve intake setup, they are really great motors if you are religious about maintenance. i love em. they will go 300k miles. i dont want to discourage you from working on it. you might have great success. i wouldnt touch it if its been hot though. just my .02

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bsneon98 said:

you can do it man. Ive done my headgasket and waterpump 3 times now. 2 was just because I was there. you got this 

this might be a clue as to what you are getting into, no offence bsneon98

1 hour ago, strangeduck said:

in my personal opinion the 4.3 is great. they have issues with the heater core hose going into the back of the intake corroding and rusting. they have issues with the poppit valve intake setup, they are really great motors if you are religious about maintenance. i love em. they will go 300k miles. i dont want to discourage you from working on it. you might have great success. i wouldnt touch it if its been hot though. just my .02

*500k miles, and still going.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived