Need advice please.

Dropdchevy

Start by saying hello fort post. Not first build. I’m getting older and I have the money to do things right this time to some extent. Don’t offer $1000 speakers please

that doesn’t help me. I have a 2010 crewcab Silverado 

what I have 

sundown svc3000

2x 4800 batteries 

dual alt bracket but nothing else. Plans for a 300a and stock for now

i have 2x custom Fi 12 Bl’s comings fully loaded with a custom logo on the dust cap

amd that’s it

i want a dsp either a bit one or a Rockford 3sixity...... probably the later

now comes where I get lost......(my wife’s car is an Audi A4 with the upgraded stuff I can’t spell. And it sounds amazing to me.)

I don’t want it muddy I don’t want it tiny either. Now I’m easy to pleas ebecause I am 100% deaf in my left ear except at very loud columns and 40% in my right. And it needs to 100% keep up with the center console I’m having built. I would love to gonactive. I feel it may be a waste as I’m so deaf. But if it is clear loud and can keep up I’ll be happy.

no my three options I’m looking at and feel free to change anything as long as you have links.

1) 3 way hertz active or passive 

2) 2x hertz 6.5” components bridged 

3) customer pro audio of unknown brand in a 3 way configuration with 2x 8” mids 2x 4” and what ever tweets y’all suggest 

and Amos ims so lost. I don’t not want 5 amps for this truck. I want it to sound good and loud and be clean. I don’t know if I want a 4 channel 5 channel 6 or 8. Hall has this pretty slick 8 Chanel with built in dsp..... just saying it’s pretty slick. But the price though ?.

either way if anyone wanted to help me it would be appreciated 

On 7/13/2018 at 8:21 PM, Dropdchevy said:

Start by saying hello fort post. Not first build. I’m getting older and I have the money to do things right this time to some extent. Don’t offer $1000 speakers please

that doesn’t help me. I have a 2010 crewcab Silverado 

what I have 

sundown svc3000

2x 4800 batteries 

dual alt bracket but nothing else. Plans for a 300a and stock for now

i have 2x custom Fi 12 Bl’s comings fully loaded with a custom logo on the dust cap

amd that’s it

i want a dsp either a bit one or a Rockford 3sixity...... probably the later

now comes where I get lost......(my wife’s car is an Audi A4 with the upgraded stuff I can’t spell. And it sounds amazing to me.)

I don’t want it muddy I don’t want it tiny either. Now I’m easy to pleas ebecause I am 100% deaf in my left ear except at very loud columns and 40% in my right. And it needs to 100% keep up with the center console I’m having built. I would love to gonactive. I feel it may be a waste as I’m so deaf. But if it is clear loud and can keep up I’ll be happy.

no my three options I’m looking at and feel free to change anything as long as you have links.

1) 3 way hertz active or passive 

2) 2x hertz 6.5” components bridged 

3) customer pro audio of unknown brand in a 3 way configuration with 2x 8” mids 2x 4” and what ever tweets y’all suggest 

and Amos ims so lost. I don’t not want 5 amps for this truck. I want it to sound good and loud and be clean. I don’t know if I want a 4 channel 5 channel 6 or 8. Hall has this pretty slick 8 Chanel with built in dsp..... just saying it’s pretty slick. But the price though " src="https://twemoji.maxcdn.com/2/72x72/1f648.png">.

either way if anyone wanted to help me it would be appreciated 

#1 may or may not be a bitch to set-up, should sound good once tuned but would get drowned out by #2 & #3.

#2 this is usually a pretty simple approach,  you can get away with a 4 channel and still have some sound quality along with spl.

#3 requires a bit of fabrication along with multiple amps, however it should be the loudest.

With just two 12" bl's on 3k, id say #2 would get it done but not without a decent amp and a proper install. Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

I Dont Know how deaf I am, but lets say pretty deaf. I have an 01 Silverado I went with #3 in my truck with some car audio/pro audio equipment and am happy with the results. I run a Pioneer 80PRS which although not as powerful as the DSP units you mentioned does everything I need it to do - Full active, Time alignment, full EQ. Now ive heard better sounding vehicles, and am hoping to make one with a build I am working on in the Family truck. But the truck is really loud and clear. Now my 01 is a beater truck so I didnt make everything pretty with the install and the there will be a huge difference in cost between #2 & #3 Labor wise, if you want to keep it looking stock-ish or in really nice condition, but the audio equipment will be cheaper so may be a wash there. I did an install on my buddies 07 silverado extra cab and was shocked at how little room there was for the equipment (Subs/amps) so def look into that as 1 of your first areas to come up with a plan. Either way  can be equally good but a lot of it comes down to you having a plan of knowing what you want as the end result and then see what the budget/space ect will allow.

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

Archived