• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I'm cheap and got mine from dbr and sold it for about the same price.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

I feel,,,,... like, Possibly, maybe Jacob/Sundown doesnt even know about something.

Like the build house, getting the contract, THEN, swappin somethin on the board, that is cheaper. If anyone gets what im saying. 

That is why in house building, and in house QA, rules.  But,.... sadly, costs. 

The video for Dyno on the scv4000 the amp does double the power dynamic at 13.7 at .5. I wonder if scv 3000, 2000, 15000 are not beefed up like the 4000 and up amps?

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

1 hour ago, Kyblack76 said:

Wonder what kinda shit storm this will cause....... Getting my popcorn ready. 

None probably. People will still buy them and swear that they're still getting their money worth. I like the amps don't get me wrong but dizzam $879 for a 3k board that barely does rated? 

I’ve been looking at the Orion 5K now instead of Sundown and I love Sundown , been rocking there subs for awhile now, but sometimes got to be smart with your money.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

This is a prime example of not always gettn what u pay for. Just because its expensive and a big brand name doesnt mean its the best. Definatelly something goin on. I mean sure it does rated at 14.4 or high 13s but damn. To say any test that doesnt show their numbers they got is wrong is just shitty imo. Especially when its implied at u big d. If anything you give a best result scenario with high voltage and dual inputs. Love your tests man. Ty alpinenut for sharing all these dynos.

i think on a smaller amp like a 3k your just not gonna get big overrated power out of such a small board without as many components as a larger board with many more components

as far as the price of the amp and it barely doin rated (if that)  i am pretty disappointed.

obviously these are 2 different amp designs, and i do predict reliability issues on the orion

i bet also that there is something going on at buildhouse that is unknown by the sundown owner.  

i have never really been a fan of the sundown amps but the subs are pretty beasty, but i think after my current setup im done with subwoofer over 100 lbs.....

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Archived