Sundown Audio

Gain Matching

brocc

1 hour ago, brocc said:

Can I gain match my amps using a voltmeter?

No.

O-scope or

DD-1 or DD-1+

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I've heard of people using little speakers and some other parts wired up to the speaker outputs of an amp for gain setting, but not sure if that would help with gain matching...

Better off buying a tool and doing it the right way the first way. 

yes, you can. assuming both amps gains are set properly for clean output, you would measure the output voltage of both while playing a tone, and use the lower reading amp as your base, and then match the other amp to that output voltage. VAC.

CC-1 does provide gain matching capabilities along with setting crossovers. both of which can be done successfully with a volt meter and tones, but made simpler with CC-1.

First find max clean output for head unit with dd-1. Then check each amp individually for max clean output with dd-1 and multimeter. Write down each one. Set all amps your trying to gain match to lowest amp clean output voltage. Double check  to make sure all amps have clean output  voltage  and your good to go. Just redid  my 2 dc5ks mine is 67.2. Gl 

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Hell yea you can

play a tone measure the ac output of amp 1 then set amp 2 to that same number

insuggeat disconnecting subs for this

no this is not how you set gains for a clean signal but will do just fine for gain matching 

Archived