Second Skin Audio

Help!!

• 1 month later...

Wow you guys replying to his request for help are absolutely TERRIBLE. Vague, no detail responses and shit attitudes.

Port centering doesn't matter. Port placement in the box doesn't matter as long as it's far enough from the sub itself.

Give me some time and I'll check your dimensions out for you dude. Fuck those guys.

On 7/16/2018 at 9:18 PM, mobilehomeguy said:

I couldn't find specs on the subs and the material is actually a box that I cut up.could you give me a design?

Your box volume looks too big for those ports. If you want to tune to 35 Hz and reuse your two 4x9 aeroports, I recommend building a new box that is 4.6 cubes net. Add some bracing as well because you have 2kW of RMS power there (ideally). Your box has about twice as much volume as necessary right now, which is probably giving you very peaky response -> good bass at the tuning frequency but not so good elsewhere.

On 7/16/2018 at 6:37 PM, mobilehomeguy said:

I have two XFL 15s installed in a minivan,powered by an American Bass ph4000md.although Ive had great success building my own boxes,I can't seem to get this one right.i have always ran 12s,and think these subs should be louder than they currently are.i would appreciate any and all suggestions.maybe someone has a proven blueprint to share?

Don't have your max dimensions for a box so can't draw you anything but here are some specs you could use, 7-8 cubic feet net @32-36Hz with about 100 square inches of port area subs firing up / slot port firing back, input power about 2K RMS total. No wonder you are getting low output with the box you have.

22 hours ago, Joe X said:

Don't have your max dimensions for a box so can't draw you anything but here are some specs you could use, 7-8 cubic feet net @32-36Hz with about 100 square inches of port area subs firing up / slot port firing back, input power about 2K RMS total. No wonder you are getting low output with the box you have.

You're suggesting a higher volume and bigger port. Care to detail why?

If he wants 100 sqin port area, that's an 11.5 in diameter aero (can't get them like that), so he'd have to make a slot port (something like 17x5.9x18). The aero's he has can work, but the question is would port compression be significant? (Triticum please chime if you're here).

I've had best success firing subs near and in the direction of the vehicle body. Must have hit resonant frequencies with the car itself and given better output than pointing straight into the air.

Archived