Lets Talk About Vintage Car Audio

Dude I had to do an install with one of these (15 inch) in a single cab truck in a sealed enclosure and I wasn't expecting much with it being old and half warn out.

Let me tell you this woofer shocked the heck out of me and straight up slammed.

That one has to go down in my personal history as one of the most impressive experiences I have ever had for what it was.

I still have two of those brand new in the box, never been installed. I bought them from a store that went out of business, I left them in my grandmother's garage and forgot about them, she passed in 2004 and I got them back the next year and I have never done anything with them, I'll probably give them to my son

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Soundstream Reference 405 in my car for the highs and mids. I found it in my cousins shed. He isnt much older than me and didnt even know where it came from so I picked it up for cheap and I love it. It still runs flawlessly and is probably as old as I am or close to that.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

• 1 month later...

Born in 87 and grew up messing with stereos then got into car audio. As soon as I can get back up to my cousins and get into his mustang I will get a pic of his old school alpine 80x80 and stillwater designs 12's in ported enclosure with original port plugs. Here is a pic of some things I have setting around. First is a Urban Audio Works UB-120-M, second is a Rockford Fosgate RFX-8230, and last but not least is a Rockford Fosgate The Punch Classic woofer model number PCH-812.

vintageaudio.jpg

wc_zps9b224b53.png

Born in 87 and grew up messing with stereos then got into car audio. As soon as I can get back up to my cousins and get into his mustang I will get a pic of his old school alpine 80x80 and stillwater designs 12's in ported enclosure with original port plugs. Here is a pic of some things I have setting around. First is a Urban Audio Works UB-120-M, second is a Rockford Fosgate RFX-8230, and last but not least is a Rockford Fosgate The Punch Classic woofer model number PCH-812.

vintageaudio.jpg

haha, I used to have some of those Urban audio works. From Bradlees

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I still have 3 old school punch amps that were built back in 93 and they are all still in working order. Thats all i used to run way back when LOL. I just sold a symmetry system not to long ago and wish i had kept it now. When fosgate went from the trans ana amps to the batman looking ones, i kinda lost intrest in them after that and went to kicker when they were making the zr series, those amps were bad ass.

Build in progress:

Kenwood DNX890HD

Rockford Fosgate White wolf RCA's

2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)
2 Rockford Fosgate T2500's on sub

1 Fi car audio Team 15 D1

XS Power D3400 and three D975's in the rear

Mechman Elite 370

Stinger power connections and cable

RockFord_Fosgate-1-1.png

• 4 weeks later...

anyone hear remember George Harrison, Toma Holland and i cant remember his name but he had a hurst with so many horn mids he could hurt you it was a rockford vehicle i remeber george had a 280 z that was blown and i think it had 2 18's a big ass airbrush of a lions head on the hood

i had 12 15's in a toyota truck that was cut a walk through with some power 650's and power 300's and a sony 10 disk changer that was mounted on a special mount that had four springs to keep it from skipping when the bass hit. I was room mates with a dude named Greg Record and he had 10 15's in a monte carlo that was named Shockwave

good times

I have a pair of RF 15's from '89.

The surrounds rotted off though. I put new surrounds on them but one of the coils is scratched. :(

They made a really good first system (300 peak FTW!) and now the good one is my computer sub!

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Archived