Lets Talk About Vintage Car Audio

1988 -1995 is right in my prime.. those were the days. There use to be a shop in town that I bought all my Equipment at and I remember getting my first credit card and I went strait to the store and maxed it out on stereo equipment.

1979 Old Cutlass Supreme

2 Fosgate Power series 12's

Punch 150 on each 12

Power 300 on mids and highs

I loved the way that car sounded.. I think that system was tuned at 20hz back then.

I had a couple friends that worked there that went to RTI back in the day.. they were the ones that show me how to do all the car audio back then.

One of my friends still has a pair of Halfler 8's that are in good condition.. and I have a old Fosgate PA-1 that I am going to install in my system this summer.

here are couple old school stuff I have left.

PA-1Top.jpg

PA-1Front.jpg

PA-1Bottom.jpg

PA-1BackTop.jpg

200IXDSM.jpg

And i have a MTX RT-X01A Crossover. ^_^

I'm gonna use it when i get my new amp

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

anyone hear remember George Harrison, Toma Holland and i cant remember his name but he had a hurst with so many horn mids he could hurt you it was a rockford vehicle i remeber george had a 280 z that was blown and i think it had 2 18's a big ass airbrush of a lions head on the hood

i had 12 15's in a toyota truck that was cut a walk through with some power 650's and power 300's and a sony 10 disk changer that was mounted on a special mount that had four springs to keep it from skipping when the bass hit. I was room mates with a dude named Greg Record and he had 10 15's in a monte carlo that was named Shockwave

good times

I remember seeing that 280Z in an old magazine and the name Greg Record sounds familiar.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

I graduated in '91

had a '74 VW Beatle... No back seat, 2 Punch 15's a Punch 150 on each one, a mix of MTX stuff in the front off of a MTX amp with a Pyramid "Pull OUT" tape deck that looked like an Alpine, with a Pyramid EQ in the glove box....

Damn I miss that little car

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

I had two cerwin vega 12's on a hifonics zues amp and a tractor battery in the trunk 6 by 9's with the tweets cut off for some mid bass and alpine 6/1/2 in the front doors on a 4 channel alpine amp and an alpine pull out tape deck this is circa 1990 my senior year in high school

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

he used to work for Audiomagic in Abilene and before that Abilene Auto Audio he had an spl record sometime in the 90's i think it was a van or blazer nicknamed slope for his huge nose lol he is an old over 40 fart like us

Ahhhh....Thats why his name sounded familiar. Ive still got one of his business cards from there.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

HPIM0840.jpg

god i love the old days.i still remember the first time i saw a punch 150.it was in a friend's car in high school.he had it on 2 12's.it banged.i couldn't beleave the way it sounded.i've been hooked on fosgate since that day.those were the days.

HEAD UNIT JENSEN VM9312

4 12" KICKER COMPS

4 PUNCH 150 AMPS "0NE ON EACH SUB"

2 ALPINE 3522 ON MIDS AND HIGHS

MLA MOD

BIG 3

OPTIMA D31T BATTERY UP FRONT, ANOTHER IN BACK

2 KINETIK BATTERIES IN BACK ALSO"ONE 800,ONE 1200"

DUAL ALTERNATORS "ONE 200 AMP" OTHER MECHMAN 270 LARGE CASE

• 7 months later...

Archived