Lets Talk About Vintage Car Audio

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Man this thread brings back memories. The first amp I bought was a Linear Power Runt. I think i had it running a pair of 6X9's. the first subs I owned were the 2 MTX Terminators 12's redcone edition. this would be circa 1992. I think on that set up I had an Alpine 3555 50wX4. The front two channels powered two sets of Alpine 6.5's. I had an Alpine tape deck and a PA1 in my 84 Honda Accord. Being 16 and thinking I had the greatest jam till my bro showed up with. He had two of the Punch pro 15's in a single cab nissan hardbody, 86.5 with a half camper powered by a power 650 with a pa1 and a sony tape deck. He even had the fat saw blade tires on it. Those were the days of big and crazy. I remember one guy in my town having 4 kicker comp gold writing on them powered off of a power 1000 and a 650 on his highs and this was in a late 80's t-bird. One of my friends had a minivan with 4 punch 15's walled and set up in the, if i remember the terminology well, the rf bass diamond where all 4 speakers faced each other with enough room in the slot for the speaker to fit in. Then each chamber was ported low. He had one Linear Power 2175 per pair if i remember correctly and a punch 45 on his highs. Man those years were crazy and yes I remember all the equipment being just great stuff for the most part.

Barstad

i remember being like 9 siting in my brothers mates lil hatch..he had 4 18's that where called soat's (sound of absolute thunder) never heard of them but they slammed..well...i was 9 i think they slamed lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Hmm, hard to say which power booster came first, probably Realistic, or Rockwood....maybe Kenford.

But my first real amplifier was an Alphasonik 1060, 60 watt sub amp. It powered my Punch 15". That was probably 1985. Upgraded to 2 punch 45's to compete in the 90watt and under class. Woo hoo!

Clovis Custom Audio 559-392-3600

96 Silverado Single Cab

2-DD9515's Cut-through

1-DDSE Amp

Stock electrical and a couple small stingers, LOL

• 6 months later...

Bump an old thread back to life.

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

• 8 months later...

m & m godfathers. lol. i actually have a question. back in the day, what meter did they use and how do you think some of those cars compared to todays cars differ? what i'm getting at, is a 140 back then the same 140 now. or was it harder to get a higher score then?

I thought everyone had forgotten about M&M

Who remembers the AltecLansing? Coolest looking active crossovers

• 1 month later...

Not sure how I missed this thread, but oh well. I hope to bring it back as we have a vintage showoff thread in the RF forum, but I have lots of other goodies outside of RF...

Orion Concept 97.3's - rated at 0.5w/ch at 4 ohms (yes, 1 watt total) what a joke!

i-QCp593s-M.jpg

Some other OS Monster Amps from my stash...

Top Left across - RF Power 1000 Mosfet "Terminator Edition", Power 650 Mosfet, PPI ProMOS 450, Earthquake PA-2300

Bottom - Orion Concept 97.3, Orion XTR-2250, Orion 2100 HCCA, Dragster "1.2kW" DH-1804

i-vCfJ65Z-M.jpg

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Archived