Lets Talk About Vintage Car Audio

I had a Power 650 on 2 15's and a Power 650 on mids/highs in an S-10 in 1989ish. :)

btw....this was a WALL in a regular cab S-10. I still have pics. Damn i need a scanner.

This might sound kind of weird, but get your digital camera and take a picture of your old picture. Then upload your picture from your camera onto your desktop.

EG Limo

Chrysler 300's Stretched

Lambo Doors

20" Rims

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got started in 94 just the tailend of goodtimes.

blue cone orion extremes, old alpine v12, a zap z50 and a alpine h/u cd. First setup I ever had.

I installed my first car stereo in 1983. I was in jr high but most of my friends were in high school. They would go to K-Mart or Radio Shack for the stereo and power booster and bring them to me for install. My step dad had the loudest home stereo in town and i was always screwing with it after school before my parents got home so that made me a "qualified installer" lol.

My first "real system" was in 1986. A 1984 Ford Ranger. Alpine cassette, Alpine EQ, Rockford Fosgate Punch 150, and a pair of Stillwater Designs Super Kicker II's.

I built my first "big system" in January of 1988. I had a 1985 Mercury Cougar. I pulled out the rear seat cushion and replaced it with a carpeted 3/4" baffle that held 2 Cerwin Vega 15's. Used the entire trunk for the enclosure. I had a Punch 150 on EACH sub, a Punch 75 on 4 Jensen 6X9's, and a Punch 45 on 4 Radio Shack tweeters. The Punch 45 also ran some red, blue, and orange lights that i picked up at a truck stop. They would flash with the music. :blink: For source I had a Yamaha CD player. (single disc cartridge style) and an Audiovox HiComp passive EQ.

I would love to hear this system today because it was unbeleivable back then...lol. And everyone thought i was nuts for putting 1 amp on just 1 sub. That was way too much power!

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

This might sound kind of weird, but get your digital camera and take a picture of your old picture. Then upload your picture from your camera onto your desktop.

Not weird at all....ive been thinking about doing that. I will just take huge high res pics.

I'll do that tonight.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

My 2 all time favorites right there.

G&S Designs (Redline). One of the greatest car audio companies ever.

And Orion up until about 1993 was the greatest car audio company EVER. lol

Ahhh the Orion newsletters, Automotive Audio. I still have Issue 3, 4, 14, 19, 21, and 26.

dude I got rid of a set of redlines beforei moved to texas, they were in my storage building with an old set of petras. Talk about some big ass motors on the redlines.

sigpic_zps8cf15136.jpg

I still have a pair of Redline 15's hanging in the garage. I wish I knew someone to replace the foam surrounds. Mine were free air in the back of my Galaxie for years.

I've been searching for some old school to roll in next year.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

in 94 I was in 10th grade I had a vw bug and had already had 2 kenwood house speakers running off of a punch 45 amp then went to 2 Hollywood sound labs 12s then finely in 95 i stepped it up to 2 JBL thousand watt 15s running off of 2 monolithic pa 2000's they blew after about 6 or 7 months and i had to run stupid Jensen's surfboard amp lol. My highs were hafler I still might have them some were. The extra magnet fell off one and it never sounded the same :(

I still have a pair of Redline 15's hanging in the garage. I wish I knew someone to replace the foam surrounds.

pics????????????

GS, GSE, OD, OD1, OD2, ODE'S??????

ODE (Overdrive Eliminators) were the shit even though they were only available in single 8 ohm.

dude I got rid of a set of redlines

I knew there was something about you i didnt like. :angry::angry::angry:

:D

I knew there was something about you i didnt like. :angry::angry::angry:

:D

:wub:

I remember how much the installer I had put them in hated me for having them. One he wanted the subs and tried to buy em from me and two they werent the easiet things to mount with that motor ;)

sigpic_zps8cf15136.jpg

Archived