So i have a  NVX XCAP10H true 10 farad cap. I was playing around with my battery and alternator under hood in which i disconnected from car as i was cleaning my engine bay as well as replacing wires to make it look nice and newer. When all was done, about an hour later, i connected everything and i started having voltage drop on bass hits. Drop are noticeable compared to before touching anything. 

my question here is, do caps disscharge on there own if unplugged for an hour? Will i need to recharge it?

if it has a voltage display it may discharge.

otherwise no it shouldn't

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

i had a stinger 1F cap with a display 5-6 years ago and it would self discharge when disconnected, had to use a continuity checker to fully discharge it when i messed around with my system cause the low voltage buzzer alarm thing it had was annoying as fuck.

You could just check it with a voltmeter, disconnect it from the battery up front and check the voltage with the + wire leading to the back before removing anything.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 7/18/2018 at 8:50 PM, Markous said:

i had a stinger 1F cap with a display 5-6 years ago and it would self discharge when disconnected, had to use a continuity checker to fully discharge it when i messed around with my system cause the low voltage buzzer alarm thing it had was annoying as fuck.

You could just check it with a voltmeter, disconnect it from the battery up front and check the voltage with the + wire leading to the back before removing anything.

Ok so the capacitor was low. I went ahead and charged up the cap again. As of right now, its still charging. It was marking low problem im having now is that it took a good 30 mins to make it 11.40 volts. Its now been stuck on 11.40v for a good 25mins. I go to battery and check the voltage with a metter and its giving me 12.3v. 

Is the battery giving me fulse reading or is the cap bad?

What are you using for a resistor to charge it with?

I use a light bulb (spare for my interior cab light) and just wait until it faded right out then hooked it up to the vehicles system.

Archived