Second Skin Audio

2 12 inch skar evls box help

On 7/29/2018 at 11:18 AM, shredder2 said:

If you do it, do it right IMO... this was 81in2 of port in 5ft3 net tuned to around 30hz and it slammed...

aZP3Zau.jpg

n1R2oS2.jpg

That said... it was bottom heavy for sure, I lost  some SPL tuning so low

I sold the subs/amps since but if I wanted to do it again I'd probably tune a lil' higher. That 30hz tune was fun but I like a higher tune so as to not lose as much output... decaf rebassed was fun to be sure, but a 33-34hz tune would have been spot on for my tastes IMO.

Those EVL's do pretty good and I liked the low end, but a slightly higher tune is something I wish I had tried... it got close to a 150 with a different box/tune but wasn't musical (Burp box).

I built the Skar recommended enclosure at first but it limited output on my power, for around 3-3.5K of input this might serve nicely with a slightly higher tune IMO..

YFzLC2.jpg

K1bAca.jpg

NVLvdH.jpg

As far as setting gains... mine were under 9 O'clock at clipping... I agree, it's all about matching the signal. What did you end up with as an enclosure?

Any chance you have a y specs for 3 evls?  I like my 2 but want to add a third. I have an orion hcca 3k I'm going to push them with.  Not sure if I'll go 2.6 ohms or .67 yet.  I played with winisd but I'm trying to keep it around 6 cubes maybe a little bigger.   Port diameter and length would be helpful.  

Thanks!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Twistedmister said:

Any chance you have a y specs for 3 evls?  I like my 2 but want to add a third. I have an orion hcca 3k I'm going to push them with.  Not sure if I'll go 2.6 ohms or .67 yet.  I played with winisd but I'm trying to keep it around 6 cubes maybe a little bigger.   Port diameter and length would be helpful.  

Thanks!

Pm me if you'd like me to try to help.

Archived