Hello all, I thought I'd leave some reviews on the T2s1-16 ROCKFORD sub.  I tried searching for others who have written about this woofer on this forum and had only found a post from like 2014.  So here it goes.  I will continue to post as my install progresses and gets finished.  As of right this second I only have the woofer, 2500 bd cp amp, ax-dsp-most1 for integration to my 2015 impala LT (non limited).  I do own the IMSG and have submitted the TS parameters obtained from that tool to mark at car audio fabrication to design a nice blueprint box for it.

anyways about the sub so far.  She arrived yesterday, and let me just say, you better have a strong ass back to carry this sub around.  I placed it on a scale and it weighs in at 82.6 lbs.  I have a p3d2-12 sitting in my basement and placed next to it for comparison,  and it literally dwarfs the p3 sub by more than half.  Like a ferrari looks fast..... this sub looks loud.  Its actually mesmerizing to look at in real life.  I know you guys out there are thinking that's way to much $ for a Rockford sub, well someone was selling them online for $750 new and i scooped one up (there maybe still some out there).  Anyways I will reveiw more once i do more with it.  So as a first impression, buy just looking at it.  10/10 stars for the appearance and obvious engineering that went into this subwoofer.  Do any of you use this line of rockfords?? how do they sound, can they take the power u give them?  do they sound great or are they just there to be loud as hell.

"Be sure you know what you're talking about, before you give advice"

Tim

Well I can tell you from 1st hand experience, if you power those subs to RMS+ you will not be disappointed what so ever!

An ex-friend of mine had / has 2 P3 subs in a sealed box (built by the same guy who built my sub box) and used a RF amp and it hurt me to sit in the G6 Pontiac and I do not say that often or ever. 

He had them wired down to 1Ω.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

20 minutes ago, AlpineNut said:

Well I can tell you from 1st hand experience, if you power those subs to RMS+ you will not be disappointed what so ever!

An ex-friend of mine had / has 2 P3 subs in a sealed box (built by the same guy who built my sub box) and used a RF amp and it hurt me to sit in the G6 Pontiac and I do not say that often or ever. 

He had them wired down to 1Ω.

I really love Fosgate products. That is primarily all I run in my vehicles. I am currently running 2 P2 12's in a sealed box on a T1000 BDCP. I have to run it at 4ohm as the P2 series RMS is only around 400 watt each. I would love to either upgrade to the P3s at 1 ohm, or 2 more P2's at 2 ohm.

If I could afford the $750 for the sub the OP got, I would for sure go for it.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

RF Power T1000 BDCP

RF Punch 400-4

2 P2D4 12's

4 hours ago, PC Principal said:

$750 is an awful lot of cheddar for a sub, but I have no doubt that it was worth it.

it is, however this sub retails normally for $1499.  It was seemingly 'to good to be true' but it got delivered while i was home, i made the ups guy wait till i opened the box and it was 100% scratch free.  there was some damage to the packaging but the sub remained perfect

Tim

4 hours ago, SE wisconsin said:

1342596598_t2onscale.thumb.JPG.c7f37660b7cf438f371de21e2b61575d.JPGso this should give a good comparison between the p312-d4 and the t2s1-16

2 subs.JPG

Holy shit. That is amazing

process on this, I have obtained all the T/S parameters off the sub woofer using the SMD-IMSG and submitted them to mark from CAF to design a box for me.  I'm not into hip hop to much I'm more of a metal guy, so I'm aiming for 36-40 hz on the port tuning.  Pics and follow up soon for the set up. 

I'm also obviously going to need to completely sound deaden the car.  which we all know is the most time consuming part of this.  and am unsure of the mids/highs I'm going to go with on this build.  I do like RF and sticking with the brand i'd probably have to go with the t3 or better component speakers.  and amps of course. 

for a dsp i went this the ax-dsp-most1 unit for integration to my impala.  there's not a whole lot out there for integration to this vehicle with bose stock system. 

Tim

Archived