Looks good. An improvement to that design would be to have the window brace closer to the center of the enclosure to help brace the baffle and rear wall. 

On 8/3/2018 at 5:07 PM, reedal said:

Looks good. An improvement to that design would be to have the window brace closer to the center of the enclosure to help brace the baffle and rear wall. 

it is fairly centered, and it is mounted to the port in a ported box, if it were a sealed box the center brace would be more necessary but i think this set up is sufficient

"Be sure you know what you're talking about, before you give advice"

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

another update, box is built, and in the car, tests out beyond what i was expecting.  Gotta pull the box and all wiring out soon for the mids/highs upgrade.  still have to build the amp rack, upgrade alternator, and sound deaden the living crap out of it. 

IMG_9625.JPG

Tim

• 2 months later...

some more progress,

mechman 320 amp alternator, picked up some alpine type x for mids/highs, amp rack done and in.  more to follow soon.  coming along niceley.  I'm thinking of giving the supercap set up from xs power a chance.  Not liking the extra battery idea as they are so heavy and this sub already weighs in over 82 lbs. 

alpine stuff.JPG

amp rack1.JPG

amp rack wired up.JPG

amp rack wiring done.JPG

amp rack in car.JPG

Tim

just a thought here, and i could be wrong.  but the sub and port are facing towards the back in the trunk right?  and you built your amp rack to fill the pass thru when you fold your seats down right?  so aren't you effectively sealing (or mostly at least) the sub and it's output to within the trunk?  a good idea would be to turn the box around and face sub and port forward, seal off any gaps leading back to the trunk and face the amp rack to the back.  you wouldnt need to deaden the trunk as much and you'd gain a fair bit of output within the cab of the car.

maybe, but I did leave remove the stock 6x9's in the rear deck, and thus letting all the sound go to through.  perhaps if i would have thought of this before I would have built it this way.  it thunders pretty damn hard set up this way as it is. but If i redo anything. I'll take your advice on doing it that way.  thank you for your input.  Yes the amp rack is in between the fold down seat area.  would be a ton of work and a new box to redo this so the port faces the cab.  as for now its sounding pretty stellar

Tim

Archived