What are you all using to clean your engine bay without harming anything?  I am looking for preferably something that you kind of spray on, foams up, let sit, and that's it, cleans it all on it's own without really doing anything and makes it look brand new, does this product exist?  Like that old aerosol can of tire foam type of a thing

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

you can always use Gunk engine bay cleaner. Its avalible at walmart, pep boys o'rielys etc.

I personally take mine to a near by do it yourself car wash and the have an engine bay degresser selection.

Just make sure your engine has cooled down before apply any cleaner(s) or water

Simple green, let it soak, spray it off with garden hose,(a steam cleaner can help with stubborn grime but isn't 100% a need)  then windex everything let it soak for a few, spray it off with a garden hose.

Either let it air dry or blow dey it with a leaf blower if you have one.

Then you can either choose to just leave it there with a natural look or hit all the plastic with armorall or something similar to give it that nice wet shiny look.

An old timer taught me this years ago, been doing it ever since and ive always got compliments on how clean I keep my engine bay.

Personally I leave it with the natural look, when you armorall it every damn piece of dirt and dust sticks to it so you end up having to clean it a lot more often.

If you are worried about thing like the fuse box or alt or other electronics you can wrap some garbage bags around them to protectw them while you are cleaning, I never do and ive never had an issue in all the years ive been cleaning my engines this way, I just make sure to be careful around those areas.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Anyone that ever has to work on your motors will seriously appreciate it being clean.

Also makes it easier to find leaks when its clean.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I typically use O'Reilly's engine cleaner foam (in my mind, this sticks to parts and doesn't run). I take it to the car wash.....spray it....let it sit a few minutes.....then rinse with high pressure rinse. I always leave the engine running. Some old school mechanic told me to never turn the engine off when cleaning the engine bay.

Afterwards....I spray the engine bay plastics with Maxima SC1. I do this annually.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

5 minutes ago, twalker182 said:

Afterwards....I spray the engine bay plastics with Maxima SC1. I do this annually.

Im gonna have to order some of that and give it a try, everything ive ever tried has been a dust magnet.

@Broke_Audio_AddictIt's awesome. It's made for dirt bikes so it actually repels dirt and dust. You can use it on so much stuff. I use it on my home's shutters once a year too.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Hey thanks all for the suggestions, I got the info written down and will try some out.  I usually keep my engine bays fairly clean but dirty gravel roads made it dirtier than I would like and since I'm lazy and it's just a DD I wanted something simple.  Thanks again.  

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived