Second Skin Audio

Help Needed Pls

Chent81

Whats up fellas,   I have a 2000 honda accord coupe with a pair of Crossfire bmf W15D’s that ive had for over 10 yrs.  And I have a pair of Fi BL 15 D2’s that ive never hooked up. But im in need of help on box  dimensions  for them or for 1 of them at least.  Could b powered by either a hifonics 1000D or a MA hk-401sx.   Any inputs and ideas would be very appreciated.  

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well i found a designed box for 1 of my Fi BL 15 D2 so i made it and like an Idiot i forgot to double check my Dimensions on my trunk opening da box didnt fit in my trunk.  Total  dimensions of da box i made was 19h x 34w x 18 1/2d to give me a 3.9 cubic ft tuned at 32 hz.  So now i gotta come up with another  solution.  Can somebody pls help me ???  

Ok i came up with this after last post.  Let me know what u guys think of it. 

Max  dimensions - 17h x 36w x 18d 

now for what i came up with... thinking of a 3.5 cuft @35 hz = 16h x 32w x 15.5d with a slotted port of 2w x 16h x 14.4d 

could this work ??  Or am i missing sumthing ?   Never made a ported box b4.  Always only made sealed.  

If you really can get in  a 17h x 36w x 18d  box then here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside (again).

bl15.jpg

1x12_SFPF_DB.jpg

Ok koo thanks alot for da help.  Ill get started on it this weekend.  And ill gonna build it inside this time. Lol. 

Once im done ill try to post up sum pics or a video.  

1 more question tho...... i know ill b upgrading on power some time soon but with this box would it b ok to have my lil hifonics 1000D on it or should i throw my MA audio HK-401sx for da time being til i upgrade ??   And thanks again for da help. 

The sub can take either amp, if you have the electrical I would go with more power but you can test both and see which does it for you, don't think the Hifonics will hit 1K rms though.

On the box make sure you can build outside since you have two options to try, firing forward or back and see which is better, if you build inside you could not try both, if the box dimensions need to be updated I can change them no problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so i completed da box and i got it in da car. Just havent hooked it up cuz im waiting on sum 0 gauge wire to do da Big 3 upgrade. Now i gotta ask whats da best way to tune it to  avoid any  distortion and clipping.  Will post up sum pics after i tune it da right way  

This would b my 1st complete install alone. Ive had many systems ( six 10’s and six 12’s and a pair of 15’s )  but never tuned them. Always had a buddy tune it for me but he’s no longer around.   And i know i still consider myself a noob at this. So is there any other special tools would b very useful to have ??   I was doing sum research on sum oscilloscopes but not sure which 1s would do da job. 

Just get a dd1. Steve sells them. Super easy and almost foolproof tool for setting gains. Idk if any are in stock tho. If not there is a tool finder thread on here that should help you find some1 near that will help you tune your amps.

Archived