Second Skin Audio

DC subs and their airspace recommendations...

DiBo

Wondering what makes DC subs so different from every other manufacture when it comes to airspace? 1.5 for 12's... 3ft³ for 15's. Even the beefy level 5's require significantly less air space than say... An X or zv5 for instance. Seems like they would make sense for tons of bassheads with space restraints. 3ft for a 3500rms sub? 

Oh I got this one

so the airspace of your box acts as part of the suspension of the subwoofer

dc subs are built with a lighter suspension less spiders basically and because of this they can perform as designed with a smaller box. The problem you may run into is if you don’t listen and put them into a larger box the sub may jump the gap unload or you make break something

36 minutes ago, will77530 said:

Oh I got this one

so the airspace of your box acts as part of the suspension of the subwoofer

dc subs are built with a lighter suspension less spiders basically and because of this they can perform as designed with a smaller box. The problem you may run into is if you don’t listen and put them into a larger box the sub may jump the gap unload or you make break something

Ok so how do they stack up against other 2500+ RMS subs? I can get a 3-4ft box in my trunk without having to build it in there. How's output affected by less airspace? in other words will 2 DC Audio Level 5's in a 3ft box be as loud as 2 zv5's in a 5 cubic foot box? Same power, trunk, etc? 

DC are all good and dandy until you lose a triple joint on one. DC has some great products, I'd personally only ever run the XL series. Different strokes for different folks. 

P.S. Not just going from hearsay about the triple joints, I've seen several local with them fail at that junction

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

1 hour ago, will77530 said:

Your asking an impossible question build and test them both

After I posted I realized how stupid the question was. I was really trying to compare output not sub quality. Basically seeing if they're recommendations were spot on or if they varied widely like Fi. Lol

47 minutes ago, CleanSierra said:

DC are all good and dandy until you lose a triple joint on one. DC has some great products, I'd personally only ever run the XL series. Different strokes for different folks. 

P.S. Not just going from hearsay about the triple joints, I've seen several local with them fail at that junction

I can tell you this much... They look a lil ( neatly glued) imo lol. My buddies sub from a competitor has excessive glue on it.  I can believe this other 15's rating just off of the adhesive alone. Haha

Archived