Will this box design work????

Lofty

Building a box for 4 sundown E8's to go in the trunk to sit flush against the rear seats and port out the rear seat opening (ski pass).  The attached picture has a rough draft of the design it is a angled box with dimensions of 36width x 14tall x 16top depth x 24 bottom depth. Volume of each sub camber (RED) is 1.344ft3 and port area (BLUE) is 1.5" wide with a area around 18.75 tuned to around 33-34 hz. My main concern is will there be any interference or distortion of sound with each chamber being ported into the larger center chamber with the front of the subs facing each other, which would then be fired out the ski pass into the cabin of the car.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Box Design.jpg

Having your port configured like that will almost certainly affect the tuning frequency.  Without knowing the full dimensions of everything I can't tell you how it will effect it.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Hey man, I've been meaning to get back  to you.  I'm right in the middle of my busiest season and I'm working like 70 hours a week, so I just haven't had time.  

Figuring out just how the box you have laid out is going to affect your tuning takes an amount of time that I just don't have right now.  I can tell you this though, its going to lower your tuning a bit,  you might tune a couple Hz higher to compensate.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

That is a similar design to what I have done in my tahoe for my 6th order wall except the port length extends through the triangle a and enters the center chamber with both firing forward, and there is no big angle. It seems to do alright and gets nasty low. It needs to be played with more though for full power because I need to shrink the subs chambers a bit or actually buy the high xmax subs that I actually designed it around like I planned to. 

So that style should work if you done everything correct, granted I dont have the time to crunch your measurements either.

NXQlnH.jpg

lHUWu3.jpg

Archived