Properly fusing amp when utilizing dual inputs?

I have dual inputs on my monoblock and I have one fuse per  run of 1/0 gauge. Amp calls for 200 amps of fusing. Is it okay to have a 150 amp fuse per run? Also what do I fuse my batteries with? Right now there's a 200 amp 12 in from the battery up front and a 200 amp 12 in from the battery in the rear. Adding one more group 31 in the trunk and another run of 1/ 0 gauge from the front battery to the rear battery. Would like to utilize an SMD fuse block. Can anyone help me out with a diagram or simply explain proper fusing? FYI I'm going to a 5k as soon as the boat from Korea arrives so I'm beefing up my electrical. 

Fuse for wire size.  A 300A per 1/0 run.  Every connection of wire GOING TO a load FROM a power source (alt or batt) should have a fuse if you want to be safe.

Common misconceptions is that fuses are there to protect your amp.  Not necessarily true, although that depends on the amp.  Its there to protect your wire if you drop it while its hot.  I've popped a fuse 3 times.  All 3 times I dropped a hot wire and touched the chassis.  Without a fuse, you'll burn up a wire run and have to replace it.  Worst case, you start a fire.

EDIT: If a run of wire goes FROM a front battery TO a rear battery, you need to fuse both ends since a short in the middle of the wire could pull current from either battery.  Think about this and see if you can start a sketch of your proposed wiring diagram.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

As walled said, always fuse to the wire size. My rig I used two runs of 1/0 OFC each capable of holding 350 Aish MAX, so I fused each at 300 for safety. Additionally, I fused after exiting my engine bay battery and before entering my rear reserve battery, each run had its own 300 A fuse after and before each battery. My amps recommended fuse rating was 200 A (DC 2k) but I wanted to use dual inputs so I just fused before the amp with each run having a 200 A fuse. 

This was temporary during testing. Please excuse the garbage install. Everything is fused properly. I was asking fuse sz basically. The single run in the left is from front battery. There's a fuse under the hood also. The 2 on the right go to my amp. The was a 200 and 150 in there although I remember using 2 200s but I guess not. Just throw 300 amp fuses in all locations when I get the SMD block?

Also... You can't see it but there's 2 grounds going to the battery from the body/chassis and 2 runs of ground going from distro to amp. 2 runs from under the seat posts also going to the distro. Is this redundant or necessary? There's no noise in my system so I guess it's correct. 

Here we go woth this one again.

Let me just ask all you "you fuse for the wire" guys a question, why do amps have fuse ratings if youre just supposed to fuse for whatever the wire can handle?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

53 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Let me just ask all you "you fuse for the wire" guys a question, why do amps have fuse ratings if youre just supposed to fuse for whatever the wire can handle?

Answer me this, how would you cause the amp to draw more than rated?  Wiring low?  Clipping?  Other things you shouldnt do?

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Hey Broke, do your amps not have typical protection circuitry?  What event within the amp is drawing too much DC current and is also not activating a protection circuit?

IG @walledsonic

1 hour ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Fuse for the wire on main power lines, and fuse per amp specs for amp input runs. Ex: my main power runs have 300 A fuses but my amp power runs have 200 A ones.

Archived